Thread: Tuffleye!

Default Tuffleye!

Check this out!! Very very cool!! Anyone ever used it?
    Around the steel no tortur'd worm shall twine, No blood of living insect stain my line;
    Let me, less cruel, cast feather'd hook, With pliant rod athwart the pebbled brook,
    Silent along the mazy margin stray, And with fur-wrought fly delude the prey

Never checked out the whole things but it looks like it cures under a uv light. the flies look really good though.
    Thatís the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isnít good enough for me! I demand euphoria! (Calvin and Hobbes)

http://pipersystem.com

Looks like this might be worth a try..
    PK

I am haunted by waters - Norman Maclean

Wiets Banned User

It is an Acrylic which cures very quickly under UV light. Similar stuff as used
    by your dentist. The prices are not bad but it can be obtained cheaper elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiets View Post
    ...but it can be obtained cheaper elsewhere.
    ... yes, were listening...
    Around the steel no tortur'd worm shall twine, No blood of living insect stain my line;
    Let me, less cruel, cast feather'd hook, With pliant rod athwart the pebbled brook,
    Silent along the mazy margin stray, And with fur-wrought fly delude the prey

Hi fishwhisperer, check out my experience with Tuffleye on 2nd page of ' The Right Epoxy' thread. Only my opinion.

I have some here on my desk, the whole kit included, light etc .. but have never used it.

From what I gather from others who've used it, it's quick and easy but takes a little getting used to (like anything).

Bob Pop swears by it

Jono, It would interesting to hear how you find it for things like profile type flies. For those guys saying it cures with UV this is not true It WILL NOT cure with UV only cures properly with the correct blue light which was designed not to be harmful to one's eyes. It gets quite expensive when you include the light. Two of us have used it and it is so laborius and needs 2 coats then the oily residue has to be removed with alcohol, which leaves it looking frosted then needs a coat of varnish that I can't see the advantage and I certainly did not produce one usable fly ! I don't consider putting a coat of varnish over acrylic as a recipe for a durable fly because the varnish will come of after 30mins of fishing or one take from a fish. To give you an idea my mate was disappointed with it and gave me the whole kit including light, after trying it I did not like it and gave it back to him as I did not want to waste any more time with it. As much as I respect Bob Popovick's work, my honest opinion is that they have spent so much money developing it that that they have produce these articles extolling the virtues to try and sell it to recoup some of their money ! Only my opinion.
    Last edited by Paul Weingartz; 26-05-08 at 06:20 PM. Reason: incomplete