Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: bass & trout Venue

Default bass & trout Venue

hi i am trying to find a day fishing spot within about a hours drive of JHB/Sandton/Randburg. i want to fly for Trout and/or Bass and /or tilapia and also a place to lure fish for Bass on a catch& release basis (Ie. dont want to be paying hundreds of Rands that i dont have for fish i have caught). Also what would the costs be? are there fishing licence fees? or any documents etc i would need to get before hand. thanks

Footloose on the R511, opposite Diepsloot mall.

Kloofzicht lodge in Muldersdrift. R110 for a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobus View Post
    Footloose on the R511, opposite Diepsloot mall.
    Footloose is indeed a good bet as it's close to home. Fishing's stew-pondish but it's great for keeping the eye in and if you pay an annual sub you can CAR in the members' dams. In summer the ff for kurper and barbel is also good fun. Andrew and Stan The Man also serve mean cold beers and everyone's very friendly...The other places closer to Muldersdrift are good but then so are the bucks!
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

Hi Guys

Soon you will be able to search for thousands of ff venues on this site. We are launching the biggest ff tourism initiative ever seen in this country.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
    Hi Guys

Soon you will be able to search for thousands of ff venues on this site. We are launching the biggest ff tourism initiative ever seen in this country.

Cheers
    This is great Pierre, but will the database still be seperate? I stil have issues logging in via the front-page, and requisting my username/password has not been sent. I just use http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum and never even look at the frontpage anymore. That's one of the reasons for not using the Gallery.

On that point, do you foresee new gallery software? If so, I would suggest PhotoPost - the best there is. Database is integrateable with VBulletin as well, so no need for seperate logins etc.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

More importantly, will I be able to post pictures with my VBulletin Photobucket?
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    More importantly, will I be able to post pictures with my VBulletin Photobucket?
    Hehehehe, PhotoPost is even better than photobucket!!
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Hi Mario

The website will be getting a complete rewrite, from membership system to catch reports, gallery, fly box, etc etc. the forum will also be integrated into the main, so only one signup is needed. The venue module will be huge and host all the needed info on fishing these venues, accommodation, rates, facilities, tourism attractions, environment , ratings, catch reports, flies that work and how to tie them, gallery and online quote and payment system, and that is only touching the surface. And you will be rewarded for using it, Exciting stuff for guides and clubs also coming. We've build up the numbers now from almost zero marketing, the marketing campaign we are planning will draw in the whole community, even those that don't make use of the internet through printed media. there's going to be lots of exciting trips to join, local and international.

I'll sort your login out tonight later, will pm you

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
    Hi Mario

The website will be getting a complete rewrite, from membership system to catch reports, gallery, fly box, etc etc. the forum will also be integrated into the main, so only one signup is needed. The venue module will be huge and host all the needed info on fishing these venues, accommodation, rates, facilities, tourism attractions, environment , ratings, catch reports, flies that work and how to tie them, gallery and online quote and payment system, and that is only touching the surface. And you will be rewarded for using it, Exciting stuff for guides and clubs also coming. We've build up the numbers now from almost zero marketing, the marketing campaign we are planning will draw in the whole community, even those that don't make use of the internet through printed media. there's going to be lots of exciting trips to join, local and international.

Cheers
    GREAT STUFF!!!!!
    Mario Geldenhuys

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast