Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: Snoek Sortie 1

Quote Originally Posted by Scythe View Post
    Conrad, so hoekom het julle cats nog nie 'n paar tunny vasgetrek nie ?

Are you lazy or just unlucky ?

Good feedback, thanks for the info.
    Watch this space on Teusday

Booger Rose Banned User

Any of you guys that need a ghilly? My work is lekker quiet now and it is easy to take a day of. Please shout if you need someone to help out around the boat and be in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Booger Rose View Post
    Any of you guys that need a ghilly? My work is lekker quiet now and it is easy to take a day of. Please shout if you need someone to help out around the boat and be in the way.
    Hi Booger

I'll be in Struisbaai whole weekend. I'll let you know if I'm short on crew when my boat is in town again in May.
    Cheers
    Conrad

Booger Rose Banned User

Sounds good. Enjoy the fishing in Struisbaai. I got loads of Elf from the harbour wall, normally between 02:00 and 04:00 in the morning. Also nice Leeries from the wall. Enjoy!

Booger Rose Banned User

Also watch out for the Otter on the wall, the bliksem took quite a few of may Elf when making a cast. Baie skelm. Fisrt off I did not know what were taking my Elf, then I saw the otter. Beautifull animal.

yes, the otters have a cub now as well. I saw them the past weekend. They give you a big fright at night when he patrols the rocks along the pier

f i n a l l y got me a snoek on fly on Saturday while the 2Oceans was being run. It was only a baby though but hey you have to start somewhere. I soon gave up after the 1st one as they were sitting 20m below the surface and would only come into range every now and then. This was at Rocky Bank.

Hope you had a good weekend Conrad - where are the pics with your fly-caught tuna?
    Last edited by will101; 14-04-09 at 07:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by will101 View Post
    Hope you had a good weekend Conrad - where are the pics with your fly-caught tuna?
    Well done with the snoek Willie!

Check out a report on the 'Fly Fishing around Struisbaai' thread. We got some bonito, but thats all.

I heard the snoek was running thick today of Llandudno. Neighbour got back from a morning session with 28 snoek!
    Rudolph
    No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance.
    Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by Rendier View Post
    I heard the snoek was running thick today of Llandudno. Neighbour got back from a morning session with 28 snoek!
    Apparently there are snoek close to Millers Point last week. My boat is back from Agulhas, I cant wait to tuck into some Kalkbaai Seilvis again

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314