Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Milking Stillwater trout

Quote Originally Posted by poppernel View Post
    Does it really prolong a stillwater trout's life if you milk it, the eggs from hens and the milt/sperm from cockfish.
    You milk the cock fish!? Could you perhaps explain that process to me.
    Around the steel no tortur'd worm shall twine, No blood of living insect stain my line;
    Let me, less cruel, cast feather'd hook, With pliant rod athwart the pebbled brook,
    Silent along the mazy margin stray, And with fur-wrought fly delude the prey

Quote Originally Posted by FishWhisperer View Post
    Same process as the hen, of course. HELL, same fish just a different gender.
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Maddy you wear spandex,smoke infinite lights and dont wanna fish in the rain

I am sure you know exactly how to milk a cock fish
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

Quote Originally Posted by Umhlangarox View Post
    Maddy you wear spandex,smoke infinite lights and dont wanna fish in the rain

I am sure you know exactly how to milk a cock fish
    Hahaha, you bugga! I have no comeback.. I just hang my head in shame!
    Around the steel no tortur'd worm shall twine, No blood of living insect stain my line;
    Let me, less cruel, cast feather'd hook, With pliant rod athwart the pebbled brook,
    Silent along the mazy margin stray, And with fur-wrought fly delude the prey

Hahaha, you bugga! I have no comeback.. I just hang my head in shame!
    I hope that you take note of this and try and straighten yourself out!

Next thing you gonna be chumming lakies and fishing on a spinning stick
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

Does it really prolong a stillwater trout's life if you milk it, the milt/sperm from cockfish.
    Eish ! I don't think giving him a tug will help prolong his life but maybe the the "Happy Ending" will help him forget about the nasty prick he just had in his mouth.

I have milked hundreds and have never even come close to hurting these fish, so if one does not know dont do it until someone can show you properly.
    Uhm hello, you made a pretty broad statement not qualifying whom it applies to. My point being, tell someone with no experience to squeeze the eggs out of a fish ... what do you get ?

As for the rest of you guys talking about squeezing & tugging on cocks ...
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Scythe View Post

As for the rest of you guys talking about squeezing & tugging on cocks ...
    Sorry we didnt mean to steal your thunder

*Cough* *Ahem* Right, now that I've managed to clean the coffee off my screen, thanks to the guy who milks the cockfish, here's what I've previously been told and taught by Rob Karssing, who used to run the hatchery at Kamberg:

1.) A rainbow hen is capable of re-absorbing her eggs around 2 or 3 times in her lifetime. After that, she becomes eggbound and dies. This is one of the reasons why cock fish tend to live longer than hens in stillwaters.

2.) Correctly stripping a hen of her eggs is a delicate operation. Do it incorrectly and you can easily damage her internal organs and she will die. If you've never been shown how to do this the correct way, the fish is better off simply being released without being stripped.

3.) Cock fish do not need to be "milked". Fish breeders only strip milt from cock fish to obtain a supply in order to fertilise eggs they intend hatching.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunF View Post
    *Cough* *Ahem* Right, now that I've managed to clean the coffee off my screen, thanks to the guy who milks the cockfish, here's what I've previously been told and taught by Rob Karssing, who used to run the hatchery at Kamberg:

1.) A rainbow hen is capable of re-absorbing her eggs around 2 or 3 times in her lifetime. After that, she becomes eggbound and dies. This is one of the reasons why cock fish tend to live longer than hens in stillwaters.

2.) Correctly stripping a hen of her eggs is a delicate operation. Do it incorrectly and you can easily damage her internal organs and she will die. If you've never been shown how to do this the correct way, the fish is better off simply being released without being stripped.

3.) Cock fish do not need to be "milked". Fish breeders only strip milt from cock fish to obtain a supply in order to fertilise eggs they intend hatching.
    Cockfish live longer because I wank them.
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast