Thread: 'tail' schooling on the surface

Default 'tail' schooling on the surface

Check out these yellowtail kings munching tiny bait on the surface, here on the Harbour the other day. Makes the casting arm twitch doesn't it ...

an amazing sight Jono! .. it was like that for a day off Kalk bay a month or so back!! .. but not quite that close in!!! .... Makes my whole body twitch - not just my casting arm!!!
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

Amazing pics. Did you take them? In the second photo you can actually see the yellow tailfin come out the water!

Dit maak my sommer j*s.......how close are they from the side.I reckon you get get a fly at them from the side.Might hook into the houses but id be prepared to loose a flie or 3 to the cause....awesome stuff
    stephen is wishing he was fishing location x right now.......

Stephen Smith

I hate good fishing............., if I am not there.........
    There is not a single bad person on earth, only persons that have been badly influenced.

If you would like to be better person, remove the things that have a negative influence on you TODAY.

These pics were sent to me from my mate Justin Duggan, he's Sydney's premier Fly Fishing Guide ... the dude with the red jacket on. He took the pics.

Don't be fooled by the proximity to land, that's a Naval Base and the water all around it is out of bounds. See the yellow markers in the thrid pic, you aren't allowed inside of those and the Navy patrol all the time.

Funny how the fish know to hang out in the waters that fishermen aren't allowed to go.

Average size of these fish is 60-85cm, perfect 9wt size.