Materials

Hook : Mustad 34007
    Head : Class Beads (Beads for Africa)
    Upper Body : Supreme Hair (Grey)
    Lower Body : Supreme Hair (Smoke Gray)
    Eyes : Dolls Eyes (Beads for Africa)
    Thread : White UTC 280

Step 1
    Tie in 5 glass beads on the hook starting at the hook bend and tie in to keep in position.
    Attachment 3204

Step 2
    Tie in a lenght of Supreme Hair (Smoke Grey) for the under body
    Attachment 3205

Step 3
    Tie in a lenght of Supreme Hair (Grey) for the upper body
    Attachment 3206

Step 4
    Then pull the two pieces straight at the end and at the desired lenght whip finish to join the upper and under bodies together.
    Attachment 3207

Step 5
    Add two doll eye
    Attachment 3208

Step 6
    Catch fish !!

I have had great success with this fly in saltwater and freshwater. This is a varient of the Sultry Shiner which I tweaked to my liking. Marno has named the fly after my twin sons.

Well done John, nice SBS ! I still remember the maasie I caught on one of your Shivans
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Good looking fly !
    any reason for no flash ??
    What ever you do never confuse Fishing With catching Fish !!!!
    Fish Are Friends Not Food

But your reasoning has a fatal flaw; it overlooks the fact that to comprehend it requires that one rub a few brain cells against each other. The heat thus generated produces the light that illuminates the fact, but alas, not everybody has the resource required to fuel the process --SG

No particular reason but I found that the flash tend to stretch too much.

I really like this fly, I tied up a few a while ago after seeing it in the main site. I added dumbell eyes to a couple to get a jigging action but have yet to try them.
    Very nice fly and SBS, well done.
    Rob

Hi John

Nice SBS! You tie left-handed?

Regards
    Liam
    "We all fish for our own enjoyment - me for mine and you for yours, nobody can say what is right and what is wrong." - Jim Leisenring

nope, I turn the fly around when I whip finish the tail section

Excellent tie John. Thanks for sharing!
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

how do you join/whip tie the tail section like that, I find it difficult to tie like that when there is no support (like a hook) if you know what I mean?

Quote Originally Posted by dar View Post
    how do you join/whip tie the tail section like that, I find it difficult to tie like that when there is no support (like a hook) if you know what I mean?
    Hi John,

Really nice fly ! I want to tie up a couple of these and go knocking around for some shad in the next few weeks. Have you experimented with different colour beads at all, and what is the rationale for the colour beads you're using ? Any experience using another colour like red for example ?

Dar: I tie up my own yarn strike indicators also holding them by hand. I don't whip finish them but rather normally throw in a few half hitches, which are quite easy to do by hand. You can also whip finish using your hand. I'm sure if you do a search on the 'net you'll see how to do it. My 2 left thumbs mean I've never really got it right, but a couple of half hitches with a bit of head cement applied should hold it vas.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast