Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Browns vs Rainbows

Default Browns vs Rainbows

To all of you out there I pose the question: Which do you prefer - stalking and catching a few shy browns on a small stream or catching buckets of rainbows in similar streams? Judging by what I see on this forum I presume that most of you are rainbow hunters? (Quantity vs quality?)

Seriously though, how many brown (fario) addicts are there out there in SA?

Uhhh… interesting thoughts, they both have their pros and cons.

Brown are mine, but they have to be on Mario's favorite water...
    Mike McKeown

You're either fishing or waiting...

One brown on the upper Witte is worth 50 rainbows on the Elandspad anyday in my book!

4. Default

Hear-hear Max!!!

Yes, it will have to be browns. Allegedly the are more difficult to catch - so it must then go to reason that when catching a brown, that you are doing well.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

I'm a Witels man myself Chris - join me there sometime if you want (when you're not fishing in D ullstroom on the dam)

Would love to fario, as long as you don't mind me including the odd strikindicatorisvulgaris or two, along with a few other bits and pieces of unconventional tackle that is? I believe that Orange reflex spinners also work particularly well up there

7. Default

Fario

You seem to be somewhat of a mystery-man, but at least we know (?) you you are from the WC somewhere!

Question, will you make it to the WitEls and back? I heard it is pretty tough going. Also, there is little to no room for Shadow Casting!!
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

You Capies talk a lot of *** sometimes! Spinners

Shadow casting works especially well with cane rods!

Helicopters work well in SA as well I'm told

I agree with you Mario, he does look a lot like that Brad character who was responsible for the flyfishing explosion 15 years ago hey? It's the 'pitts', excuse the pun!

On a serious note Fario, I was planning a trip upto the middle valley in November, but via the overland route. I am dying to get up there again. We can certainly talk.

Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast