Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Entomology

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    The detail into which the aquatic biologists go is frightening - inside leg measurements etc!
    I used to do that as well but the missus gives me a good slap everytime I do it!!

I don't think a hungry yellow goes into the same detail though. Some of them on Mystery river GM of course refuse point blank to eat anything.....

YF, I fully agree with you.

To know more about the insects, how/when/where/how and also what they actually look like also helps in tying quick impressionistic fish-catchable flies. This is probably my main aim out of the exercise apart from having a vague interest in their lifestyles from a voyeuristic point of view!

Talking about voyeurism, please give me advance warning and the key to your bedroom cupboard next time your Missus wants to give you a slap!
    Last edited by chris williams; 12-02-09 at 12:43 PM.
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

[QUOTE=Yellowfever;127520]I used to do that as well but the missus gives me a good slap everytime I do it!! QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    YF, I fully agree with you.
    Talking about voyeurism, please give me advance warning and the key to your bedroom cupboard next time your Missus wants to give you a slap!
    It all depends on how far up the leg the measurements are taken.
    I much prefer the measurement from inside leg to the other inside leg, working from the knees upwards.
    The klap normally comes just before the final measurement is noted.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Flyfishing has to do with INSECTS. Your woman has known this from the getgo! You never had any cover to blow!!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123