Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trip to Eendekuil - 2006-12-20

Talking Trip to Eendekuil - 2006-12-20

Howzit ,

Myself and a fellow fly fisher mate are going to bunk work on Wednesday and go fish Eendekuil (luckily we're both self employed so the boss won't be too much of a d!ckhead about it)

The last FlyTalk trip to Eendekuil was my fist visit to Eendekuil and I'd love to go explore the runs I didn't even get to (run 4 & 5) and anyone who wants to meet us there and share a drink is more than welcome.

Cheers 4 beers, tight loops and all other sorts of pseudo intellectual fare-thee-wells,

-§
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

I would love to have joined you, but every man and his dog in this place is on leave and I have to "hold the fort" until friday. Damn, damn, damn
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    I would love to have joined you, but every man and his dog in this place is on leave and I have to "hold the fort" until friday. Damn, damn, damn
    Hey Herman, you can't really complain! Your wife went to a wedding solo while you went fishing with us. So you're more than lucky, mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfly View Post
    Hey Herman, you can't really complain! Your wife went to a wedding solo while you went fishing with us. So you're more than lucky, mate!
    teach us o' wise master!
    the patient mental...

Quote Originally Posted by dpammenter View Post
    teach us o' wise master!
    Nothing to teach really, marry a woman who holds a more senior position and has double your length of service in the same company. When the MD anounces that he is getting married on the same day as your fishing trip, you calmly say sorry, previous UNCANCELLABLE arrangements and ask SWAMBO to go with the daughter
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Nothing to teach really, marry a woman who holds a more senior position and has double your length of service in the same company. When the MD anounces that he is getting married on the same day as your fishing trip, you calmly say sorry, previous UNCANCELLABLE arrangements and ask SWAMBO to go with the daughter
    hmmm ... i see you have some sly moves up your sleeves

many things to learn, we have!
    the patient mental...

Like fishing the major factor with SWAMBO is experience! Herman got us all beat on that one, aint that so Herman….
    I am still battling to make the wife understand that there is NO such thing as too long, too much time and too often when it comes to fly fishing. Even bought her and the little one a kitten to help entertain them when I am fishing but for some reason that didn’t work as well as planned!

i can see a potential problem here for you ...

Quote Originally Posted by thrisss View Post
    I am still battling to make the wife understand that there is NO such thing as too long, too much time and too often when it comes to fly fishing.
    now, reverse the characters ... your wife says to you

Quote Originally Posted by thrisss View Post
    I am still battling to make the husband understand that there is NO such thing as too long, too much time and too often when it comes to shopping.

the patient mental...

Quote Originally Posted by dpammenter View Post
    i can see a potential problem here for you ...

now, reverse the characters ... your wife says to you

very "skerp" dpammenter, very - other options exists to get the wife happier about your fly fishing habits, I've now at long last introduced her to the reason for me being on the river so much

good work! i've got my fianceé 'hooked' as well
    the patient mental...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast