Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Well then....

Default Well then....

...I guess i am about ready for my Tiger trip!

Check the box out:

It's Mostly filled with Clousers in a range of colour combos, but there are some other odds and sods, including some Whistlers, Surf Candys and Maxi's Dog's Breakfast, plus one or two Surface flies to try an get a Tiger to hit me on the surface!

Two more sleeps, then we are driving to Windhoek where we will stay on Friday night. On Saturday we will watch the Boks take revenge on the Kiwis before heading up to Rundu and then finally the camp on the banks of the Kavango where we'll stay for the next 7 nights and fish the Kavango and Quito for six days! Then it's the dreaded 2 day drive back home!

I'll take a bunch of pics to show you guys when I return.
    "So hereís my point. Donít go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish thatís dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Just to add - this is all providing that we can find a route that hasn't been washed away, as the N7 near citrusdal is apparently not there any more.
    "So hereís my point. Donít go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish thatís dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Ugh, I'm very envious.

Good luck big boy, hope you have a fantastic trip.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieŽ" - Ago 2014.

Blog Entries

That is one of my dreams...to catch at least one decent Tiger on fly....GEEPERS!
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Tight lines, Grant. Hope the tigers are hungry.
    Jacques

Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job. ~Paul Schullery

Hi Grant.....well you sure have waited a long time for this trip hey! I remember you talking about it last year this time already. It sure is nice to see a plan starting to come together! I can see you are very well prepared too...awesome flies!

Just one question, I notice no wire traces on your flies, as a matter of interest, what is your plan with regards to this?

Regards
    Chris
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Yaaaaah. Lekker envious Grant. Have a good trip and looking forwards to some great pics and stories.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shelton View Post
    Just one question, I notice no wire traces on your flies, as a matter of interest, what is your plan with regards to this?
    Hi Chris

Being a trouty snob, dumb question here. Does one usually add the wire-trace beforehand (as in on each fly) or while one fishes (ties on a new fly)??
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Awesome flies Grant. Drive safely and bring back loads of stories(pictures optional)
    Rudolph
    No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance.
    Confucius

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuide.co.za View Post
    Hi Chris

Being a trouty snob, dumb question here. Does one usually add the wire-trace beforehand (as in on each fly) or while one fishes (ties on a new fly)??
    usually beter to have at least half the flies already rigged with the trace. just makes it easier time wise to attach new flies when the tigers are hitting them .

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast