Thread: Closed Cell Foam

Default Closed Cell Foam

Hi Guys

I have just aquired 2 colours of closed cell foam sheets . Black and blue . The black is 2 mm thick and the blue is 4 mm thick . I can use the black for beetles etc but my question is has anyone used blue foam for saltwater flippers and have you had any luck on them ? You will see in the pictures that the one side is slightly shiny and smoother than the other side . Is that fine or will it make a diference when fished ? I did try and get yellow for hopper patterns but they had none , they make certain batches as per order so will try in the future
    "My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it."

Hi adrian........i know white is the preferred colour.but many lures in the surface plug range come in different colours.I would try it out.its an attractor....the surface disturbance gets them interested...
    stephen is wishing he was fishing location x right now.......

Stephen Smith

HI Adrian,

Yes we have used blue and is very effective. Here is a pattern for cob, elf, leerie and skipjack which this fly has caught.

Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Hi there Dave

That looks like a fly version of a Lazy-Ike lure?

Do you fish it like a Booby when targeting Cob and on the surface when fishing for Skippies.

Nice pattern but shaping it can get interesting.

Cheers
    MC

Quote Originally Posted by MCC View Post
    Hi there Dave

That looks like a fly version of a Lazy-Ike lure?

Do you fish it like a Booby when targeting Cob and on the surface when fishing for Skippies.

Nice pattern but shaping it can get interesting.

Cheers
    MC
    Thats it M.C., while shaping, its best tested as you go in the pool till this Saltwater ike (like that) swims true.

Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Thanks guys for the response , I think a blue flipper with some slinky fibre and flash could do the trick , will give it a try and see
    "My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it."

what you can try is thin white fritz material tied as the body and then fit the blue foam over that....i tie my flippers like this
    stephen is wishing he was fishing location x right now.......

Stephen Smith

Quote Originally Posted by poppernel View Post
    HI Adrian,

Yes we have used blue and is very effective. Here is a pattern for cob, elf, leerie and skipjack which this fly has caught.

Dave

W.T.F
    There is not a single bad person on earth, only persons that have been badly influenced.

If you would like to be better person, remove the things that have a negative influence on you TODAY.

HI Fisher,

W.T.F. WHAT?

DAVE

Interesrting fly Dave.

I think i will work on some before i head to the surf in two weeks..

Did i see correctly? Is there some kind of washer on the hook behind the eye?

Wade
    The best day to go fishing is any day that ends in a "y"