Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Eikendal Reports

Default Eikendal Reports

I thought as there is not a thread for Eikendal report backs i would start one, Maybe Phillip you could move some of the threads about Eikendal across.

Had my most succseful day today at Eikendal, managed 3 fish,well 2 actually,i missed the 2nd one,as i went to put him in the net he broke me off,but i am still claiming it........they all where around the Kilo mark (educated guess did not have scales). Caught them on a walkers killer,atomic worm(it looked like the worm in chris sheltons 'THINKING OUT OF THE BOX THREAD'),and a prince Nymph.I was very pleased with the fishing today,the approaching low pressure made the fishing more difficult than i think it should have been,saw lots of fishing cruising the edges but they where very selective except one which i manged to get at last Morne,caught him on the walkers. Anyway hope we can keep this thread going with reports from Eikendal,sorry no pictures.
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    I thought as there is not a thread for Eikendal report backs i would start one, Maybe Phillip you could move some of the threads about Eikendal across.

Had my most succseful day today at Eikendal, managed 3 fish,well 2 actually,i missed the 2nd one,as i went to put him in the net he broke me off,but i am still claiming it........they all where around the Kilo mark (educated guess did not have scales). Caught them on a walkers killer,atomic worm(it looked like the worm in chris sheltons 'THINKING OUT OF THE BOX THREAD'),and a prince Nymph.I was very pleased with the fishing today,the approaching low pressure made the fishing more difficult than i think it should have been,saw lots of fishing cruising the edges but they where very selective except one which i manged to get at last Morne,caught him on the walkers. Anyway hope we can keep this thread going with reports from Eikendal,sorry no pictures.
    Well done Sir Nicholas.
    Wise choice to go fishing instead of watching the humiliation
    Good idea for the thread BTW
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    Well done Sir Nicholas.
    Wise choice to go fishing instead of watching the humiliation
    Good idea for the thread BTW
    Thanks for the Knighthood Herman I think it only right that the owner of Flytalk should have a thread dedicated to his wonderfull fishing spot.
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    Thanks for the Knighthood Herman I think it only right that the owner of Flytalk should have a thread dedicated to his wonderfull fishing spot.
    Prince nymph....mmm interesting Nick. I think it's one of those flies that everyone has in their box, but seldom use it. I have carried a few around for years, and one day at lakensvlei, while really struggling to get fish, tied one on in desperation, and, bang...fish on. I thought I had cracked it..but alas, nothing more. That is one of the few times I have ever fished a prince. never had much success with it on the streams either.

Well done Nicolas! I'm particularly pleased that you had success on your Atomic Worm! I'm dying to give mine a go in CLEAR stillwaters. Unfortunately Lakies let me down last week
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shelton View Post
    Well done Nicolas! I'm particularly pleased that you had success on your Atomic Worm! I'm dying to give mine a go in CLEAR stillwaters. Unfortunately Lakies let me down last week
    Chris, I know of some of those, one is Sterkies, the other is closer to (my)home. The other has a visibility of 2m+, and holds both yellows and rainbows.
    Got my biggest trout ever from there, 2kg+
    When you eventually get up here make sure you have at least a DI5, the water is 18m deep
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Prince nymph....mmm interesting Nick. I think it's one of those flies that everyone has in their box, but seldom use it. I have carried a few around for years, and one day at lakensvlei, while really struggling to get fish, tied one on in desperation, and, bang...fish on. I thought I had cracked it..but alas, nothing more. That is one of the few times I have ever fished a prince. never had much success with it on the streams either.
    Hi Andre, the funny thing is its the second one i have caught on the prince Nymph at Eikendal......not sure why???
    James Boswell.

Well done Nic - the previous Saturday I managed just one fish on a hover dragon type fly and a few "pulls".Fishing was tougher than I imagined, not that I could be considered a decent stillwater angler.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Prince nymph caught me 3 fish in 3 casts against Maddy
    Rudolph
    No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance.
    Confucius

Hi Nick.
    That was well done considering the wind there yesterday, I have had success of late with a soft hackle streamer and a no hackle bugger it may have a name but that is what I call it. It is good to see fish comming out in all weather conditions
    Cheers

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast