Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: 'Hunting Trout' deluxe collectors edition

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Claremont, Cape Town
    Posts
    4,251

    Default

    Being a proud owner of "History of the Kruger Park" (unfortunately not the leather-bound edition) ... from the same printing company proposed for Dr Sutcliffe's book, I can assure everyone of the exceptionally high standard of production and binding.

    I think R3000 for this collectible future Africana book is very reasonable!
    Last edited by Jasper; 29-07-08 at 09:35 AM.
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Dullstroom, Mpumalanga
    Posts
    8,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Being a proud owner of "History of the Kruger Park" (unfortunately not the leather-bound edition) ... from the same printing company proposed for Dr Sutcliffe's book, I can assure everyone of the exceptionally high standard of production and binding.

    I think R3000 for this collectible future Africana book is very reasonable!
    Thanks Jasper. Does this mean I can put you on the list of subscribers?
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Claremont, Cape Town
    Posts
    4,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shelton View Post
    Thanks Jasper. Does this mean I can put you on the list of subscribers?
    if/when I can beg/borrow or steal a spare R3K!!
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Durbanville
    Posts
    5,292
    Blog Entries
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    if/when I can beg/borrow or steal a spare R3K!!
    Pherhaps we could get one for a prize at the next Flfishing festival




    *now where is that cats whisker pattern?*
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.


    [T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Claremont, Cape Town
    Posts
    4,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    Pherhaps we could get one for a prize at the next Flfishing festival




    *now where is that cats whisker pattern?*
    maybe for the person who catches the LEAST fish with the highest number of castes?????
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Dullstroom, Mpumalanga
    Posts
    8,534

    Default

    Anymore thoughts on this guys? So far I have one confirmed order at R3000 a book. 99 still to go!
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Gauteng
    Posts
    2,953

    Default

    My copy will have to suffice for now.

    maybe when that damn European lottery I keep winning actually pays out
    everyone is a "guru" these days - re

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Dullstroom, Mpumalanga
    Posts
    8,534

    Default

    As soon Tom has 10 confirmed orders the book will go ahead as discussed, so if any of you know someone who is not on this site who may be interested, please spread the word.
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •