Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Lower Orange report back

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfever View Post
    No ways 2 days to do that ;-) Put in on Sunday 28th 8km, Monday 18km phew!,Tuesday and Wednesday at Richtersberg - camping on the SA side :-( because the hiking party are collected there. Thursday and Friday to Fish. Take out Sat 4th.

Note the 7day FC and the Synoptic chart is not pretty. But there is a BIG H pressure that may push the front south of the country.

Any particualr SM flies?
    Ya, the way you will be doing it will be fine. Just remember the water is super low.
    Smallie flies....anything that you would typically use on the Vaal at this time of year.

repeat.... *Cough cough COUGH*...

Any decent size largies come out? Where are the pics?

Or is it one of those sensitive issues again?
    Or saving the pics for an article or something?

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post

Or is it one of those sensitive issues again?
    Or saving the pics for an article or something?

Mike
    Michael, you re persistant arn't you...? Ok, we didn't have the largie action we thought we might have. Kev did get a couple of smallish ones on CZN rigs, but the only one that came out from being specifically targeted was by me, and it wasn't really worth a photo. Sorry bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Michael, you re persistant arn't you...? Ok, we didn't have the largie action we thought we might have. Kev did get a couple of smallish ones on CZN rigs, but the only one that came out from being specifically targeted was by me, and it wasn't really worth a photo. Sorry bud.
    Win some, lose some I guess...that's fishing. I've gone out quite a few times with perfect conditions...and blanked with the largies. Other days it can be great again. Sounds like yuo guys had an awesome trip never-the-less. Definitely a place on my "to-fish" list soon!

Mike

Win some, lose some I guess...that's fishing. I've gone out quite a few times with perfect conditions...and blanked with the largies. Other days it can be great again. Sounds like yuo guys had an awesome trip never-the-less. Definitely a place on my "to-fish" list soon!

Mike
    Yes definatly a must do. Well if you buy a ticket or two to the WP raffle, you could win a trip.

Ill post some photies as soon as I have a spare minute. This week is super hectic but it will be done!

What an awesome trip though. Thanks again to Andre and John for putting together a very special trip!
    Around the steel no tortur'd worm shall twine, No blood of living insect stain my line;
    Let me, less cruel, cast feather'd hook, With pliant rod athwart the pebbled brook,
    Silent along the mazy margin stray, And with fur-wrought fly delude the prey

Some photies as promised...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Around the steel no tortur'd worm shall twine, No blood of living insect stain my line;
    Let me, less cruel, cast feather'd hook, With pliant rod athwart the pebbled brook,

Some more...

And a few more...

Great photies. Ahhh reminds me have to tie up some Scorpio's!

I see the flow is down to 8 cumecs aaarghhhh there is some paddling ahead.

Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast