Thread: TFO TiCr X 7/8wt

Default TFO TiCr X 7/8wt

Hi guys.

For the guys using fast action rods like the TFO - are these rods suitable for largemouth. Why im asking - my 5wt is fast as hell and i like it - but casting large flies at the speed of my 5wt i dont think is very possible since a popper sounds like a jet going past you!

Do you guys prefer a bit slower rod or do you find the TFO sufficient for Largemouth!!

Thanks manne and the odd girl!!

We fish the 6WT and up for Largies.

I love my 7WT, another mate loves his 6WT and my other mates love their 8WTs more than enough backbone to turn a big fish, more than enough oomph to chuck a big heavy fly.

Troep, there is a certain spruit you fish somewhat regularly (or used to) which I'm not going to name here. Other than SmallMouth, have you seen/caught any LargeMouth in it or know of people who have caught LargeMouth ?
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Hi Scythe

You see the fact is - me and my friend Theo have walked the length of that certain spruit and the adjoining river and yes - we have seen some huge largemouths. We need an inflatable and quite simply we are honnors students with ZERO money so its quite difficult chasing largies in that certain spruit.

Thats why id like to make some people aware of the largies in the area as well as getting the YWG active in the Bloem area since there are some largies and smallies - and these idiots are polluting everything in these small spruite.

This season ive caught about 8-10 smallies at my usual spot - comparing to about 50-60 last year!!

The catch rate decreased a lot since they started building on the N1 etc.

Eks so bietjie bedonderd soos ek nou reply as ek daaraan dink.

The fact is - there is largemouths in the area and i dont know of anyone trying to catch them - its like virgin largemouth water.

Ok then genoeg strooi!!

Anyone fishing with a TFO TiCr X 7/8 wt??? Id like to know your thoughts on these rods catching Largies!!

Thanks manne!!

As I said, myself and my Largie hunting friends all fish the TFOs. For saltwater too.

Thanks for comments re : Spruit. Ek gaan 'n naweek daar hê een van die dae, so wou net 'n halwe idee kry van of ek die 7WT moet inpak of nie

You can see the blue blank behind Marius here.

Well behind the fish really.

Dis 'n MAN vis!!

Goeie werk!! Ek is seker daar is 'n paar van hulle in die spruit!

Laat weet my as ek julle kan uitwys of help met die plekke as julle hier is - eks altyd game vir iets vis related.

Cheers

Ye and if the reviewer can add / comment on a 10 footer in theses sizes.Any other series rod.

I don't think the TiCR X comes in a 10 footer though.

G

Quote Originally Posted by gerrit View Post

G
    No they don't
    There is not a single bad person on earth, only persons that have been badly influenced.

If you would like to be better person, remove the things that have a negative influence on you TODAY.

Quote Originally Posted by gerrit View Post
    Ye and if the reviewer can add / comment on a 10 footer in theses sizes.Any other series rod.

G
    i have the TFO in a 10ft 5wt, but not 100% sure if the bigger sticks are available in that length

Quote Originally Posted by Troep View Post
    Hi guys.

For the guys using fast action rods like the TFO - are these rods suitable for largemouth. Why im asking - my 5wt is fast as hell and i like it - but casting large flies at the speed of my 5wt i dont think is very possible since a popper sounds like a jet going past you!

Do you guys prefer a bit slower rod or do you find the TFO sufficient for Largemouth!!

Thanks manne and the odd girl!!
    When I fished with Ian Couryer the other day, I used his 7/8 wt TFO, the rod, imo cast like a dream, especially with those "moerse" LM Yellow flies we were using, I could get the fly out at 20-25m with 3 false casts no problem...pity the fish "gooied me a brown eye" that day!!!
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)