Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: hi

Default hi

hi guyz i am back on the site after a couple of years break..i ditched my horrible bf and now keen to hookup with some girlz or guyz and try learn again.can any of u suggest a good place to start flyfishing

Quote Originally Posted by TroutGirl View Post
    hi guyz i am back on the site after a couple of years break..i ditched my horrible bf and now keen to hookup with some girlz or guyz and try learn again.can any of u suggest a good place to start flyfishing
    Hi, welcome back! I suggest you get in contact with Philip Meyer at Eikendal. He is vastly experienced and has the waters on hand. He will quickly get you on the right track.
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Quote Originally Posted by TroutGirl View Post
    either Eikendal ... or Jonkershoek (Ryan Weaver) ... look for their website
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

where in cape town are you? i know you're not online now but my wife is very keen to go further with ff, so if you want we can do a day somewhere. we are in durbanville. send a pm if you want
    cheers
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by rols View Post
    where in cape town are you? i know you're not online now but my wife is very keen to go further with ff, so if you want we can do a day somewhere. we are in durbanville. send a pm if you want
    cheers
    I know that my wife is also pretty keen to learn. Trouble with us men (generalising now of course) is that we are the wrong people to teach wives/family. It has to do with this thing called patience, and my lack of experience too. I would be keen for my wife and I to join in if you guys do put something together. Let me know.
    Clive

"One final cast for luck, and the really last throw in honour of a fair lady ... If they don't rise to that, they are no gentlemen" - Anon

Let me make use of this oppurtunity and envite the ladies to become envolved in competitive fishing. WP needs to put a ladies team together in the near future to participate in nationals.

For those that know will acknowledge that the lerning curve in competitive angling is tremendous.

Phillip Meyer from Eikendal is the no1 person to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty Bugger View Post
    I know that my wife is also pretty keen to learn. Trouble with us men (generalising now of course) is that we are the wrong people to teach wives/family. It has to do with this thing called patience, and my lack of experience too. I would be keen for my wife and I to join in if you guys do put something together. Let me know.
    Lets do this. my daughter is fishing SA's this year but it will be her last. I'd love them to both be fishing with me, the reason they hav'nt done it consistently is because their carp fishing has taken up so much of their time. There was a thread quite a long time ago about the military nature they treated people on a FF camp or "uitpak inspeksie" or something like that.....let me tell you it's nothing like the archaic (sp) domineering way some of these guys behave.....so hopefully ladies FF will get some more ladies. Will speak to Phil and maybe we organize a clinic for the girls......and we kick back with a coupla ales
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

I will be so happy to see my wife casting a fly line. She is keen too. If this goes somewhere I am in.
    That’s the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isn’t good enough for me! I demand euphoria! (Calvin and Hobbes)

http://pipersystem.com

I better warn Philip's girlfiriend about all of these referals,
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Quote Originally Posted by rols View Post
    . Will speak to Phil and maybe we organize a clinic for the girls......and we kick back with a coupla ales
    Great. Let me know and we will pick it up from there. Thanks mate.
    Clive

"One final cast for luck, and the really last throw in honour of a fair lady ... If they don't rise to that, they are no gentlemen" - Anon

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast