Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Garrick - location X2 near Bananaville

Beautiful fish, pity it was taken for the table Keep us posted on your progress, really exciting for those of us who don't get to go for them so often

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunF View Post
    Hey GT, I'd also be keen to throw a line in the salt with you guys some time if you'd have me. My last saltwater fishing bud just left for Perth.
    Agree, maybe we must do a KZN Saltyday after the Shad season closes and we don't have to compete with the hordes - only the poachers.

There are some spots where the Shad come on real thick from Sepetember/October and the average size is also good.

Oh please let them come home now, we are missing the boys down here

Awsome fish, just a pitty it was taken for the pot, and an even bigger pitty about your fish.

How big did you estimate your fish to be?
    Photography Rules!
    www.dewaldkirsten.co.za

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunF View Post
    Hey GT, I'd also be keen to throw a line in the salt with you guys some time if you'd have me. My last saltwater fishing bud just left for Perth.
    Hey Shaun, I'd love for you to catch one of these magnificent fish. These guys seem to know what they are doing....good luck boet! I hope they string you along.
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Quote Originally Posted by HolyGT View Post
    Agree, maybe we must do a KZN Saltyday after the Shad season closes and we don't have to compete with the hordes - only the poachers.

There are some spots where the Shad come on real thick from Sepetember/October and the average size is also good.
    Hey GT , if the KZN saltyday happens please keep me in mind would like to get to meet and fish with some of the forum members in kzn
    "My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it."

Quote Originally Posted by deewy View Post
    Oh please let them come home now, we are missing the boys down here

Awsome fish, just a pitty it was taken for the pot, and an even bigger pitty about your fish.

How big did you estimate your fish to be?

Guess it was just under a meter, about 8kg's. Had ample time to eyeall him while playing seesaw on the dropoff.

I am very ready for more, so planning a early start tmor if weather permits. We've had a SW wind comming through, hopefully it moderates a bit. Low is at about 7:00 perfect... Late for work again.

Since this tread was started by yourself I have been contemplating quiting my job and backpacking along the coast with only my rods and my tying kit, just follow the Garrick from the cape to natal and back and blikzem them as I go....got my creative juices flowing now.

8kg is a decent surf fish, just amazing how they use those bodies to fight you in a rip, truely a masterpiece of a fish.
    Photography Rules!
    www.dewaldkirsten.co.za

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4