Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Small stream yellowfish

Talking Small stream yellowfish

Have you had the privelidge to fish for Small Mouth Yellows in a small stream invironment?

I was dumb struck. Casting a RAB to a surface feeding Yellow in 10 inches of clear water, almost unbelievable.

I caught 10 of wich one was 3KG and one 2KG the rest was +- 800gr

Stream X!!!!!!! You guessed it.

If you guys are keen to explore this venue in the Western Cape let me know. We are gonna make a trip there again.

Overnight in wonderfull comfort by the river and fish the Saterday and Sunday morning.

2 hours drive from Cape Town.

Will post PIC soon
    "I believe in a long prolonged arrangement of the senses to attain the unknown" (Jim Morrison)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
    Have you had the privelidge to fish for Small Mouth Yellows in a small stream invironment?

I was dumb struck. Casting a RAB to a surface feeding Yellow in 10 inches of clear water, almost unbelievable.

If you guys are keen to explore this venue in the Western Cape let me know. We are gonna make a trip there again.

Overnight in wonderfull comfort by the river and fish the Saterday and Sunday morning.

Will post PIC soon
    Hey bru- called stream X for a reason!
    " Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian." -Dennis Wholey

Default Pwaaa haaa haaa

Stream x

welcom to come with, just have to blindfold you all the way and oh you gonna have to fish blindfolded too.

If you peep we'll have to cut your toungh out. Still welcome to come
    "I believe in a long prolonged arrangement of the senses to attain the unknown" (Jim Morrison)

sounds like magic, would have loved to join you, however its a bit far
    PK

I am haunted by waters - Norman Maclean

Quote Originally Posted by pieterkriel View Post
    sounds like magic, would have loved to join you, however its a bit far
    Eeiissshhh, HE LIVES Long time no hear Pieter. Hope all is well.

BTW when are you going to grace us plebs with your prescence on the waters??????
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Stream x

welcom to come with, just have to blindfold you all the way and oh you gonna have to fish blindfolded too.

Think it's meant to mean that you should not post the pic
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Cox View Post
    Hey bru- called stream X for a reason!
    Sounds like the place we visited last year Kevin.
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Stream x

hahahaha!

Ja Buz- I know your stream X well, including Y and Z. Just dont think they could ever handle a Sandvlei massacre quite so well. They are small and fragile and need to be cherished and guarded for that very reason. People can diss me all they like for saying that but I know plenty people who will agree with the fact that certain streams are so special because they are not popularly known.
    " Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian." -Dennis Wholey

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Cox View Post
    hahahaha!

Ja Buz- I know your stream X well, including Y and Z. Just dont think they could ever handle a Sandvlei massacre quite so well. They are small and fragile and need to be cherished and guarded for that very reason. People can diss me all they like for saying that but I know plenty people who will agree with the fact that certain streams are so special because they are not popularly known.
    Kev i for one completely agree with you on this point. Like you have said its not about being selfish its just that certain streams are very delacite (sp) and would never be able to handle a lot of fishing pressure!

If you are lucky enough to go out and find one good for you, but if you want it to remain prestine then rather keep it under the radar
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

Stellenbosch and Kuils River, Western Cape

Will post PIC soon
    Buzz
    Rather don't post that pic please! As it was previously said in threads of similar nature, please do not discuss these fragile streams on a public forum, rather keep it to yourself.

Cheers
    Stan

Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast