Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another newbie to the site

Default Another newbie to the site

Hi All,
    I have been flyfishing for several years although I have not touched a rod for the past 2 years! I currently stay in Vienna, Austria and am hoping to be back in the fairest Cape in the next couple of months.
    I have fished loads in the "Transvaal" and still own a house in Watervall-Boven. (make me an offer...lol)
    I am looking forward to comming home to Cape Town and having the opportunity to fish those tiny streams as well as trying my hand on the Berg River (Veldrift) where my mom now stays and having a go at some Durbanville Carp. Also I would love to have a go at some of those Rays I have seen in Saldanha!!!
    Anycase I am drooling here! So will monitor and learn for my return!
    Kind regards,
    Karel

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by turando101 View Post
    Hi All,
    I have been flyfishing for several years although I have not touched a rod for the past 2 years! I currently stay in Vienna, Austria and am hoping to be back in the fairest Cape in the next couple of months.
    I have fished loads in the "Transvaal" and still own a house in Watervall-Boven. (make me an offer...lol)
    I am looking forward to comming home to Cape Town and having the opportunity to fish those tiny streams as well as trying my hand on the Berg River (Veldrift) where my mom now stays and having a go at some Durbanville Carp. Also I would love to have a go at some of those Rays I have seen in Saldanha!!!
    Anycase I am drooling here! So will monitor and learn for my return!
    Kind regards,
    Karel
    Hi Karel, when your home give us a shout i am in Durbanville will be more than happy to get you into some Durbanville Browns don;t worry about the carp we will get all them.
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Default Welcome

HI Karel,

Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy and meet the guys when you get back to C.T.

DAVE
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Booger Rose Banned User

Welcome Karel, give a shout when you in CT. Enjoy the site.

Welcome Karel. Will definitely join you in Velddrif. One of my favourite "haunts". Let us know when you are back. Clive.
    Clive

"One final cast for luck, and the really last throw in honour of a fair lady ... If they don't rise to that, they are no gentlemen" - Anon

Nicholas...I will be sure to contact you for some Pampoenkraal Browns!!!!
    I have been looking at that thread and if I knew if or when a job in CT was going to work out I would be in as one of those 20 like a flash!
    Thanks all the others for the welcome!

Hi Karel .... welcome and I look forward to meeting you alongside some of our waters soon!!
    Last edited by Jasper; 28-08-08 at 09:58 PM.
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

Hello Karel,
    Welcome to the site. Don't forget about the "bars of gold" .
    If you are ever North of the Orange give me a PM.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Welcome Karel

I was in your lovely Vienna just a couple of days ago! Amazing city and so beautiful! Although only half as beautiful as CT
    I'll stay as long as i can fish. . .

Whenever the "club" for geniuses - MENSA - was mentioned, I always wondered if their was an opposite equivalent society for imbeciles. Now I know, it's called ANCYL.

Quote Originally Posted by turando101 View Post
    Nicholas...I will be sure to contact you for some Pampoenkraal Browns!!!!
    I have been looking at that thread and if I knew if or when a job in CT was going to work out I would be in as one of those 20 like a flash!
    Thanks all the others for the welcome!
    Hi Karel. I look forward to meeting and welcoming you when you are back in CT.

Best regards
    Chris
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast