Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Musk Rat ?????

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    Thans Dave,

Can you imagine the movement of a 1/4" wide crosscut,palmered in on a # 6 bugger with a straight cut tail for LM's.
    3 WORDS, fur flies work.

Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

One half Musk Rat skin is about to become history
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Wiets Banned User

Hi Herman

Visit the Fly Tying Sequence Videos website, then watch the "Casual Dress" fly tying video by Byron Linsell. In this video he ties a real buggy fly using muskrat hair I gave him some time ago. He has fished this fly and swears that it is a most productive fly. If I remember correctly, he mentioned that Mike Newby created or was involve in designing this fly. Muskrat is a popular tying material in the US and it might be worthwhile asking some questions on one of the US forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiets View Post
    Hi Herman

Visit the Fly Tying Sequence Videos website, then watch the "Casual Dress" fly tying video by Byron Linsell. In this video he ties a real buggy fly using muskrat hair I gave him some time ago. He has fished this fly and swears that it is a most productive fly. If I remember correctly, he mentioned that Mike Newby created or was involve in designing this fly. Muskrat is a popular tying material in the US and it might be worthwhile asking some questions on one of the US forums.
    It is a killer fly, fished deep with a varied retrieve. Try it slow (figure of eight), or fast strips.

Quick correction - To avoid any confusion about this pattern. I learnt about the fly from Mike, he isn't the creator. I know that Mike received the fly via someone else. I saw it in action and then whipped a few up and had enormous success with them.

From my link below the it seems that the creator was E.H. Rosborough.

Here is a link to the recipe that I used
    everyone is a "guru" these days - re

just watched that video, will definitely tie some of those! looks similar than the CDC nymph and rols' marabou nymph
    They've got us surrounded - the poor bastards!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12