Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Viadl Report Back

Well done Adrian, good report back as well.

Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyGT View Post
    Nice one, Stinkies(Stone Bream) are great light tackle fun!

Vidal has not been fishing that great this year, so it looks like things are taking a turn for the better.

Any other fish that came by the conventionals? How did the live shad brigade do in the Bay? And the boats?

The conventionals did not get anything that great when we were there however a big barracuda was caught earlier on in the week from the shore . The boats weren't too bad no major catches . Yeah had heard Vidal has not been too great but summer is coming and things should turn for the better
    "My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it."

Nice one bru! Sounds like a fun trip.
    " Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian." -Dennis Wholey

I know this was a long post but hope this helps guys who want to fish Vidal in future[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot Adrian.

Not a long post at all, very helpful indeed. We are going in November, for 3 full days and I cannot wait! Are you a right handed caster? I wonder what the prevailing wind is for November.

Great report, please post more pics if you have any.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    The conventionals did not get anything that great when we were there however a big barracuda was caught earlier on in the week from the shore . The boats weren't too bad no major catches . Yeah had heard Vidal has not been too great but summer is coming and things should turn for the better
    Was it a greater B or King Mack?

Seems there has some barracuda(Picks and Ggreater) around this year, even with water temps around 20"C.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyGT View Post
    Was it a greater B or King Mack?

Seems there has some barracuda(Picks and Ggreater) around this year, even with water temps around 20"C.
    Not too sure we were just told by the fishing officer that a barracuda came out earlier in the week
    "My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it."

Shot Adrian. Looks like you guys had a really good time. Thanks for a nice report!!! You lucky bastard, i'm still looking for a kingie. even if 15cm.

Well done
    Vow not to stop until i've got a kingfish, but then gentlemen... it has just begun...

Guys

I need some help/suggestions please. I am planning a fishing trip to KZN from the 23Sept for about 2 weeks. I will spend most of my time in the Midlands to fish the Berg streams but I also want to do some saltwater/estuary fishing. I need suggestions as to places to stay where I can fish off the beach or in estuaries and stay in a bungalow or guesthouse. I contacted KZN wildlife (Emzevelo?) and they stated that Cape Vidal was fully booked during that period. I am flying up from Cape Town and thus will not have camping equipment with me. Any help, contacts, suggestions would be welcome

Thx
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by NeilRowe View Post
    Guys

I need some help/suggestions please. I am planning a fishing trip to KZN from the 23Sept for about 2 weeks. I will spend most of my time in the Midlands to fish the Berg streams but I also want to do some saltwater/estuary fishing. I need suggestions as to places to stay where I can fish off the beach or in estuaries and stay in a bungalow or guesthouse. I contacted KZN wildlife (Emzevelo?) and they stated that Cape Vidal was fully booked during that period. I am flying up from Cape Town and thus will not have camping equipment with me. Any help, contacts, suggestions would be welcome

Thx
    Neil

Neil are you looking to go up the North Coast or down South?

Maybe start a thread, i will try get some info for you!
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

Matt

I'm really not phased. I thought the North Coast had better estuary and surf conditions for flyfishing.

St Lucia?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12