Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saltwater fly fishing books

Default Saltwater fly fishing books

Hi Guys

I am looking for some books, literature and/or dvds for Saltwater fly fishing in SA , pref Natal coast . Are there any books that explain the right zones to fish / tactics etc etc . I am still learning the zones , rips and spots to fish and some informative literature would be great . Can anyone recommend anything

Thanks

Adrian
    "My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it."

Favoured Flies and select techniques of the Experts Vol 1 & 2.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    Hi Guys

I am looking for some books, literature and/or dvds for Saltwater fly fishing in SA , pref Natal coast . Are there any books that explain the right zones to fish / tactics etc etc . I am still learning the zones , rips and spots to fish and some informative literature would be great . Can anyone recommend anything

Thanks

Adrian
    Hi Adrian,

Bruce Black's latest book is very good and covers everything you are looking for. http://www.edge-1.com/Edge/Main.asp?...&CategoryID=13
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

http://www.kalahari.net/books/Saltwa.../32727109.aspx

But you'll probably do better to get your hands on some FF magazines and work through them on relavant articles.

More important just get down and spend as much time as possible on the water and figure things out for yourself. Makes the reward so much sweeter.

Default Saltwater Books

There is a RSA gem which was given to me: Pocket Guide to Saltwater Flies. A Surf and Estaury Guide to Fly Selection. by Bill Hansford - Steele. It is at Kalahari .Net fo R79. It is a really good reference guide and worth every cent.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyGT View Post
    http://www.kalahari.net/books/Saltwa.../32727109.aspx

But you'll probably do better to get your hands on some FF magazines and work through them on relavant articles.

More important just get down and spend as much time as possible on the water and figure things out for yourself. Makes the reward so much sweeter.
    Yeah i know experince is much better , went down to Umkomaas lagoon and flats on Sat and Chain rocks - Toti on sun . Wind and sea was terrible on both days . At least had some good casting practice . Its also a good way to discover new spots with Gullies and channels
    "My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it."

Default Saltwater Books

Dont know why post did not come up but here goes again. There is a real RSA gem given to me. Pocket guide to Saltwater Flies: A Surf and Estaury Guide to Fly Selection. By Bill Hansford - Steele. @ kalahari.net for R79 currently. A very informative book on flies there selection and how to fish them in the RSA.

Quote Originally Posted by Peterva View Post
    Dont know why post did not come up but here goes again. There is a real RSA gem given to me. Pocket guide to Saltwater Flies: A Surf and Estaury Guide to Fly Selection. By Bill Hansford - Steele. @ kalahari.net for R79 currently. A very informative book on flies there selection and how to fish them in the RSA.
    Thanks Peterva , got that one recently and is very informative

If you managed to do some fishing/casting in the K*K wind we had on the weekend, good for you. Now look at today, typical Monday weather, no wind sea cleaning up ...

The Umkomaas area is one of those spots with good potential at the right time. From Gurnards to LM Queenies.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyGT View Post
    If you managed to do some fishing/casting in the K*K wind we had on the weekend, good for you. Now look at today, typical Monday weather, no wind sea cleaning up ...

The Umkomaas area is one of those spots with good potential at the right time. From Gurnards to LM Queenies.
    Yeah wind was k@k and sea was worse , and today perfect conditions ...........If i only had some spare leave time due

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast