Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Velddrif - Berg River Trip

Quote Originally Posted by rols View Post
    hi arthur
    sorry to hear about the flu bug. we decided to fish blakes for some "big leeries". well, we once again retreated to the pub beaten. i'm beginning to think this is a tactic of the strand guys "pierre" to get us off their "other places". just when we look like we're settling in they say, "beer time"
    jeez i nearly left my rod on the rocks if my foot did'nt get caught in my line.
    you did'nt miss much, the wind picked up and was in our face deluxe. another blank. the beers were cold, very cold. notch one to the strand guys
    Well we dont want to turn it into a Sandvlei now do we. Invite them on the worst days, never to return. hahaha. Well we searched deep and shallow. Covered allot of water by working the reef between the Strand Beach Hotel and Blakes. Found water that should be really productive on a good day. But then thats time spent on the water, no easy fix to saltwater fly fishing. Learned allot, just how little we know about the big blue. We are but spectators, watching an ever changing majestic play. There is nothing more humbling than casting your fly into this.

Thanks for the report back guys - well, cold beers are better than no fish AND no cold beers.I suppose.

Keep on flogging da water - the motto of SWFF - especially here in Cape Town!

Gogga Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
    But then thats time spent on the water, no easy fix to saltwater fly fishing. Learned allot, just how little we know about the big blue. We are but spectators, watching an ever changing majestic play There is nothing more humbling than casting your fly into this..
    "A Thousand shades of blue - A hundred train's - grains of sand - And a sun to light it all.

From above, it is the very definition of tranquility, but get a little closer, and you will see things swimming below these blue waters, that will change your perspective.

Creatures that arrive from the deep, and cause such obsessive behavior, that friendship's, marriages and even ones own sanity can be called into question".

This sums up my reply, in three lines - when anyone asks why I salt water fly fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Gogga View Post
    "A Thousand shades of blue - A hundred train's - grains of sand - And a sun to light it all.

From above, it is the very definition of tranquility, but get a little closer, and you will see things swimming below these blue waters, that will change your perspective.

Creatures that arrive from the deep, and cause such obsessive behavior, that friendship's, marriages and even ones own sanity can be called into question".

This sums up my reply, in three lines - when anyone asks why I salt water fly fish.
    amen, brother!
    the patient mental...

Quote Originally Posted by Gogga View Post

HEAR HEAR !!!!!
    Photography Rules!
    www.dewaldkirsten.co.za

Hey , staying this weekend in Port Owen.

Never been there so any suggestions on fly and spots ? Hoping to spend sometime fishing if I can.

Default Port Owen

The Marina at port owen looks to be quite good with lots of baitfish activity
    in the back corners (depending on the wind direction )
    I dont know if the Shad have made it that far on there return journey
    if they have im sure some will be lurking there
    good luck tight lines and let us know if you have success

/d
    What ever you do never confuse Fishing With catching Fish !!!!
    Fish Are Friends Not Food

But your reasoning has a fatal flaw; it overlooks the fact that to comprehend it requires that one rub a few brain cells against each other. The heat thus generated produces the light that illuminates the fact, but alas, not everybody has the resource required to fuel the process --SG

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8