Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718

Thread: Vaal trip: 24th September

Quote Originally Posted by jock0 View Post
    Why dont you become an SAP consultant then - I hear they have loads of free time
    ha ha, that is a myth I asure you
    PK

I am haunted by waters - Norman Maclean

My muddy.

Talking

Camped at EK over the weekend. Weather was warm on sat with a slight wind. Did'nt fish the rapids but the fish was quite shallow at times, caught a nice yellow in about 1/2 meter deep water.

Caught most of the fish between 07h00 and 10h00. Did'nt have a scale so I don't know how big but I would guess the biggest one about 3kg's.

Fish was rising all over the place in the mornings and if you could manage to cast straight to them just infront they would take when the fly goes down.

Full of rocksnot which was about the only sh@t part of the weekend. Caught everything on GRHE (grey with silver, beaded head, #14) and got two nice fish and a Caddis (#14)

Got broken of a few times on a 3.4kg flurocarbaon and once something (maybe the vaal crocodile) broke my 6kg florocarobon leader at the knot between flyline and leader). Also one bended hook.

Nothing on imitation baitfish, don't know why, had much succes in the past with an olive imitation.No largemouth, although that place is full of barbel and BIG ones. Which I'm going to catch next time

All fish was in good condition and saw no dead ones. EK is for me the best venue at the vaal. See some photos which my fiance took from the side.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jacques O Dell View Post
    My muddy.
    very nice muddie

that spot seems to produce big muddies (we call it muddie spot SS )

cheers

Tye

Quote Originally Posted by Niel Myburgh View Post
    Camped at EK over the weekend.
    Some nice fish there, well done.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieŽ" - Ago 2014.

Thanks to you all for the great time out.

And a great big thanks to Dave for taking a swim so that i can get a pic of the only one not to get away for the day. 3,5kg of pure gold on a stimulator.

Very tough on the water not being wading fit but still worth it.

I also posted a pic of the beginings of the Vaal. For those of you who dont get out much, this is the vaal near Piet Retief. Still going to make a plan to fish it with a 2 or 3 wheight then i can also say that i have fished the veel with a light rod and got away with a fish and a rod in one piece.

Thanks again to all for the fun time out.

FERDIE - i still have the vice for you. I had it in the car if only i knew you were not far away. I am in the vaal for work again from the 6th till the 9th so maybe we can make a plan.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The best day to go fishing is any day that ends in a "y"

Good morning, I've havent been to Eastco for a while now. Anyone been there lately???

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718