Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: It's now got personal

Default It's now got personal

As you all probably know by now, Tox is going up to the Richtersveld again to try again for that mutha largie that smoked him last month. Kiepie here, is being dragged along (not that I'm complaining) as witness and proof to the highly hyped and anticipated event.
    What you may not know, is that he has only ever caught one largie that was specifically targeted. the other few that he has caught, were apparently caught while nymphing for smallmouth.
    The pictures below, are of that solitary single little largie. "but it's a rat", I hear you say.....Yeah yeah it is a rat, but a largie none the less, but what Kevin doesnt know, is that his lovely lady called me the other day, complaining that Kevin has not been the same since last month when he hooked into this little guys, great uncle, and was taken to the absolute cleaners, after having him on for a few good minutes. Kevin has apparently not been sleeping very well, and has been heared to, utter extraneous expletives in his half sleep, the kind you would hear when someone loses a good fish. Well to cut a long story short, she asked me please to get him back up there in order to confront his demons, and to deal with the fish that unwittingly has taken all the pleasure out of their blossoming relationship.
    So, with a goliath heron around his neck, the not so ancient angler will be heading back to the place of his nemesis, in search of the elusive big one.

Here's the deal. I undertake to have on my person at all times, a net scale and tape measure. We will photograph, weigh and measure the fish.
    The flytalker who is closest at foretelling the size and weight of Tox's largest largie, will win two tickets to the Western Province raffle. One sponsored by Tox himself, and one sponsored by me.
    So... let the games begin.

I guess it will be 10.5 pounds, and will come in at 76cm

Here are the pics of the little rat
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

Good fun Ok i assume we are allowed only one guess so i say 7.5lb 63cm, just to get you going Kevin even i caught a bigger LM than that
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

So what happens if he doesn't catch it???

My guess will be that he gets smoked again
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

Good fun. My guess, 9lb 4 oz's at 700mm.

Talk about mixing measures
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Quote Originally Posted by Umhlangarox View Post
    So what happens if he doesn't catch it???

My guess will be that he gets smoked again
    Well, then we will just have to go back again next month then, won't we?

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Well, then we will just have to go back again next month then, won't we?
    Hmmmm if he takes off the Prada's he's got a chance

With them on, NO WAY
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

While Kev's fishing, can I get his girlfriends number
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

this is so unfair.

*throws toys out cot*
    "So hereís my point. Donít go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish thatís dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser View Post
    this is so unfair.

*throws toys out cot*
    Sayeth the one who fisheth more than worketh
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser View Post
    this is so unfair.

*throws toys out cot*
    Still space...
    *gently picks up toys, and places them neatly back inside cot. strokes baby's head lovingly, and tells him, everything will be alright*
    Last edited by Andre; 10-09-08 at 10:27 PM.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast