Thread: S.B.S. Bass U.V. Minnow

Default S.B.S. Bass U.V. Minnow

Hook: no 1 Bandit.
    Thread: 6/0 brown.
    Tail: Brown calf tail with olive marabou and 2x strands of gold extra limp flashabou on either side.
    Body: Copper/olive U.V. chenille.
    Eyes: Copper dumbell.
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

This is a nice baitfish fly. I like it, now where can I get some of that long cheniel? This will work good in the salt as well, maybe in white or chartreuse.
    Photography Rules!
    www.dewaldkirsten.co.za

Quote Originally Posted by deewy View Post
    This is a nice baitfish fly. I like it, now where can I get some of that long cheniel? This will work good in the salt as well, maybe in white or chartreuse.
    HI Deewy,

This chenille comes in a number of colours that will also be great for salt water baitfish patterns. Silver, gold, white and then various copper colours.

Hareline or Hairy Fairy Flies have. But if you get stuck, maybe I will part with a colour or two for you.

Will be tying some saltwater patterns in silver, gold and white. Then you can decide on the colours you may want. Does not come in charreuse.

Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Quote Originally Posted by poppernel View Post
    Does not come in charreuse.

Dave
    Thanks Dave I will have a look for them. Permanent markers are your friends.
    Photography Rules!
    www.dewaldkirsten.co.za

Quote Originally Posted by deewy View Post
    Thanks Dave I will have a look for them. Permanent markers are your friends.
    These are some of the chenille's I have.

U.V. PEARL, SILVER, GOLD AND VARIOUS COPPER AND ROOTBEER.

Default Even some for saltwater

ONE or two that will also do good in saltwater.

Dave, this UV chenille. What UV propeties does it have? It looks like ordinary flash material to me in the pics. Can you explain please , thanks.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Dave, this UV chenille. What UV propeties does it have? It looks like ordinary flash material to me in the pics. Can you explain please , thanks.
    HI Mario,

The pic's dont do these flies justice. The attraction here is the type of ultra violet flash that gives extra life to the fly. If I can explain it this way, if you have a white shirt on at a disco or rave, some lights they use will give your shirt a violet to purplish sheen. Well this is what happens when you use this chenille, and this violet does not come out with ''my'' photography skills.

Dave
    Last edited by poppernel; 15-09-08 at 08:08 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by poppernel View Post
    HI Mario,

The pic's dont do these flies justice. The attraction here is the type of ultra violet flash that gives extra life to the fly. If I can explain it this way, if you have a white shirt on at a disco or rave, some lights they use will give your shirt a violet to purplish sheen. Well this is what happens when you use this chenille, and this violet does not come out with ''my'' photography scills.

Dave
    Ok, so it's not UV in the sense of light retention, just rather holographic type refraction?
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Default Uv/ultra violet

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Ok, so it's not UV in the sense of light retention, just rather holographic type refraction?
    HI Mario,

Ultra violet or uv rays literally mean beyond violet.It is actually an electromagnetic wave of light that is invisible to the human eye. But it can be seen by many birds, snakes and insects. Dont know if this means anything, maybe fish as well.

Dave