Thread: Tigers @ komati

Talking Tigers @ komati

TIGERFISHING
    Gud day to all is there anybody here that will be able to give me some advice or info about catching tigers at komatipoort. Its a lifelong dream of mine to catch one but i dont know where to begin asking questions of where or peopol in that area that can help me out.

Happy fishing
    You cant change yesterday but you CAN make a diferance in tomorow !!!

Hi Kabouter

I have never fished the Komati, but i am told it is tough, check out this thread:

http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/showthread.php?t=4431

Also if you are really keen, speak to Francois Botha from Frontier Fly Fishing in Jozi, he'll get you into some massive tigers on the Zambezi.

or else look to Jozini Dam in the Pongola region, some sport to be had there. ..
    I'll stay as long as i can fish. . .

Whenever the "club" for geniuses - MENSA - was mentioned, I always wondered if their was an opposite equivalent society for imbeciles. Now I know, it's called ANCYL.

Jozini dam is a good call.
    There is lovely places to stay around the dam, from luxury lodges, super camp site run by the Parks Board.
    There are lots of fish in the dam, mostly smallish fish. I speak under correction the largest being 11kg.
    If you search the Forum you will find some threads about Tigers in Jozini.

Lovely experience to go and fish there.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

I would suggest contacting Malcom Meintjes (his email add is on : www.flyfisher.co.za) As the man is exceedingly knowlegable and always willing to help!
    "All you need is ignorance and confidence and the success is sure." - Mark Twain

Thanx you all again much more than expected just perfect. I know about jozini but as far as my knowledge go i only know of very small fish thats why i wanted to go komati. Would luv to do the right trip but fortunitly cash not on my side.
    Will go an have a look at those readups thanx again
    You cant change yesterday but you CAN make a diferance in tomorow !!!

Had about 3 hours to spend on the low water bridge outside of the town once.
    Thrashed the water senseless. Got hit once and that was it.
    If anyone has ever told you that getting hit by a tiger is the same as somebody hitting your rod with a brick...it is true.
    Cheers,
    KarelM
    Holy cows make the best steaks.