Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shrimps and charlies

Default Shrimps and charlies

Couple I tied since my vice got repaired.

Pic 1: Dead shrimp charlie.
    Pic 2: Green crazy charlie.
    Pics 3-5: Marabou shrimps.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Some nice shrimps there Poppernel, I like them. Your photography is getting better too! Especially the first pic, I suspect it was taken from a little further away than the others and thats why the camera could focus on the fly.

Nicely done.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Babyson View Post
    Some nice shrimps there Poppernel, I like them. Your photography is getting better too! Especially the first pic, I suspect it was taken from a little further away than the others and thats why the camera could focus on the fly.

Nicely done.
    Rob
    Thanks Rob, have not fished the flies yet but will soon. Have caught trout on the shrimp patterns. Must get a tri-pod for better pics.

Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Cool, your 'dead' charlie will work well for gully fish.

The bendback variation for Grunter on the banks could be a nice experiment. The marabou should add some interesting movement on the drift.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyGT View Post

The bendback variation for Grunter on the banks could be a nice experiment. The marabou should add some interesting movement on the drift.
    Thought so too, pity the hooks wont last in the salt. Makes no difference, easy to tie.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by poppernel View Post
    Thought so too, pity the hooks wont last in the salt. Makes no difference, easy to tie.

Dave
    I will tie them on the Mustad 34007 (if I recall) long shank hooks, they are stainless easy the bend and cheap in size 4 and 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyGT View Post

Also busy tying another fly that should work well in gulleys, the ''periwinkle charlie''. Will post it when done.

Must go work now for a hour or two.

Periwinkle charlie.

Estuarine charlie.
    Last edited by poppernel; 26-09-08 at 03:24 PM.

Periwinkle charlie came out to dark, hope this is better.

Default The Iron Butterfly.

This fly in small sizes is a shrimp immitation, tied bigger a fleeing baitfish.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast