Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suspected Stonebream ?

Thanks everyone i can now add a new name to my species list
    "My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it."

Sorry Scythe, missed your request but you guys are all spot on!
    All I can add is that it is called Neoscorpis lithophilus, which means 'rock loving'...
    A 2kg specimen would be a real trophy on fly, because they are very strong- usually feeding in the roughest surf. Only problem is that they are almost exclusively herbivorous at that age...I wonder if a lump of green or reddish marabou would tempt them

In its own family, not even closely related to the moonies, but they do look similar!

Quote Originally Posted by clarias View Post
    Sorry Scythe, missed your request but you guys are all spot on!
    All I can add is that it is called Neoscorpis lithophilus, which means 'rock loving'...
    A 2kg specimen would be a real trophy on fly, because they are very strong- usually feeding in the roughest surf. Only problem is that they are almost exclusively herbivorous at that age...I wonder if a lump of green or reddish marabou would tempt them

In its own family, not even closely related to the moonies, but they do look similar!
    They are herbivorus, but will also feed on shrimps and redbait. (Rudy Van Der Elst) S.A. record: 2.5kg

Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12