Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Big Leerie flies

Beer brewing - havn't done same for years. There's a guy down the road who's sensational at this - will tell you more on Thursday! This will whet/'wet' your appetite!!

Frik

The Kingfisher in Durban are the local agents for Highbuild. Any of the tackle shops that sell their branded products will order it for you. The Anglers Corner groups would possibl be the cheapest, or you could go the Rico at Flyfishers Unlimited and ask him if you could just buy a sample from him to test.

I have a smoking habit that I can never get rid of for very long. Cigarette boxes are the ideal surface on which to mix epoxy. They are non porous, so no bubbles there and I simply use a dubbing needle.

Remember that the faster an epoxy sets, the faster it will turn yellow in the sun or even just in your fly boxes.
    Devcon is a really good 5 min epoxy.

Cheers
    MC

Thank you MC. I'll find out from the guys here.

I also just use the dubbing needle to mix the stuff and it works like a charm just don't forget to wipe it clean.

What do you use to rotate the hook? I've read in the forum for rod building of guys using a braai rotisery for the rods. It seems a bit big for a fly??
    "Sometimes one pays most for the things one gets for nothing" - Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    Beer brewing - havn't done same for years. There's a guy down the road who's sensational at this - will tell you more on Thursday! This will whet/'wet' your appetite!!
    Good 'cause I've only done it once sofar and it was 'ok'. While it was still in the drum my buddy (QB) and I had dreams of the Bekker & Briers Brewery. That dream dissapeard after we opened the first pint.
    "Sometimes one pays most for the things one gets for nothing" - Einstein

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4