Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fly fishers Nelspruit Area

Hybrid View

Default Fly fishers Nelspruit Area

Hi All

Is there any body on the forum that live in the vicinity of Nelspruit or the surrounding areas?

I am looking for a fishing buddy for over the weekends?

Or if any body on the forum knows somebody in the area that might want to go fishing over the weekends.

I have never fished for yellows and I would love to give it a try. I am sure there must be some rivers in the area where we would be able to find some.

Rudolf

Hi Rudolf, I grew up in Nelspruit, never went yellowfishing though, regret it now! there are small and largescale yellows in the crocodile river, the gorge on the N4 towards Komati, at Schagen before you come in too Nellies, if you know a farmer with river frontage you're set, and all the farm dams with the beautiful and plentiful bass man I wish I still lived there. Enjoy! I am planning a w-end down there probably next month, got access to a farm dam with best bass fishing imaginable, will send you a pm when I come down

Hi Ollieowen

Thanks That would be great!
    I am sure there must be some monster bass around in some of the dams here in the area.

Rudolf

No Other takers on this yet?

There must be some one in the Mpumalanga area that wants to go fish?

Eish! Nelspruit seems to be a lonely place if you are looking for some one to go fish with!

I'm from Lydenburg but am only home in the holidays...also know a couple of spots but haven't fished for yellows in the area, even though I've seen Smallscale and Largescale in our rivers on many an occasion.

hi bud, im not too far away,always game... maybe we can set something up sometime???
    got some yellow water up my way towards carolina.
    also keen on some tigers down your end

Default Kom van Nelspruit

Hey Wolfie ek kom ook van Nelspruit, maar swot tans op Stellenbosch en het kontakte by Schagen vir geelies en mooi kurper en karp en bass damme. Ek is Junie maand weer daar dan kan ons iets reel.

Quote Originally Posted by Johan Janse van Rensburg View Post
    Hey Wolfie ek kom ook van Nelspruit, maar swot tans op Stellenbosch en het kontakte by Schagen vir geelies en mooi kurper en karp en bass damme. Ek is Junie maand weer daar dan kan ons iets reel.
    Hi Johan, jy moet laat weet as jy hier is, dit sal lekker wees om biedjie te gaan vang.

Groete

Rudolf

Will be back in early April- keen to give Kwena Dam a bash for carp, barbel and big bass. Hopefully the water will still be warm enough. Have never seriously tried this dam on fly before though, but I"m sure a dedicated day would pay off. Any of you guys keen?

Also, do any of you guys know the confluence of the Elands and Crocodile at- oh what's the place's name, I think its a paper mill, N***wana? Anyway, they release heated, nutrient enriched (i.e. polluted) water into the river, but the yellows apparently love the enriched insect life. A spot worth trying I'd say....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast