Thread: Durban Salty day outing

Default Durban Salty day outing

Hi Guys

Trying to organise a salwater outing in the durban area for the forumers to meet and get the lines wet . I was thinking of Casurina beach , just before tongaat next sat 25th Oct 2008 . I see the tides are good and low is at 7:22 am . Maybe we can meet at Beach bums backpackers at 6ish and fish the pushing tide . I have heard guys getting kingies at Casurina , so i definately keen to give it a bash . If any forumers are keen please reply or PM me for details

Cheers

Adrian
    "My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it."

HI Adrian,

Looks like the Durban and area guys are just !!!!!!!!!!!!as the P.E. lot when it means ff.

Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Eisch. Saw the heading and thought someone was inviting me out for a day in Durban .
    Clive

"One final cast for luck, and the really last throw in honour of a fair lady ... If they don't rise to that, they are no gentlemen" - Anon

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    Hi Guys

Trying to organise a salwater outing in the durban area for the forumers to meet and get the lines wet . I was thinking of Casurina beach , just before tongaat next sat 25th Oct 2008 . I see the tides are good and low is at 7:22 am . Maybe we can meet at Beach bums backpackers at 6ish and fish the pushing tide . I have heard guys getting kingies at Casurina , so i definately keen to give it a bash . If any forumers are keen please reply or PM me for details

Cheers

Adrian
    Adrian, sounds good. Should get there a bit earlier to fish first light. There is that game later to work up to...

I'll be there, let finish with bfast at BB.

Excellent man , what time you reckon we get there 5:00 - 5:15 am ? Breakfast sounds good . I clean forgot about the game the earlier start would be much better then
    "My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it."

Crap, I have to be down in PE for the airshow that weekend...also forgot bout the rugger.

Its that two weeks between semis and finals that has caused my confusion.

Hey Pilot

No sweat man , when you free in the future drop me a PM and we can go fishing at some of the spots around durban . December is coming up and should have a lot more free time to hit the water

Cheers

Adrian

Looks like we might have to change the rods for the kite surf kit on Saturday!

The wind is howling at about 30kt SW in Durbs at the moment and outlook is just as belak for the weekend.

Good news is that there is still some BIG Garrick hunting the surf. Getting them to eat is another story if you don't have a windup live mullet imitation fly at hand.

Anyone else keen to join on Sat early???

If I was anywhere close I would have joined you. I still need to hook into something in the saltwater even if it's a crab I'm really desperate.

I hope you guys catch something. Stywelyne
    "Sometimes one pays most for the things one gets for nothing" - Einstein

Sorry guys, no can do on my side. Would still like to meet you bunch so hopefully we can put another trip together soon.