Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Flies i tied

Default Flies i tied

Just some flies i tied this weekend.. Bear in mind i am still a novice at tying, and make do with the materials i have, hence the strange looking flies of my own design following other designs..

Edit: Now i am Almost out of hooks. and running out of cottons, will have to wait for the holidays to get hold of some and have the time to tie up some more..
    Last edited by andrewbuch; 20-10-08 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Changed the names of the pictures

HI Andrew,

Well done, flies look good and will improve even more the more you tie.

Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Nicely done! Some interesting creations you've tied there.

Just one question...why is your caddis/rock worm imitations so thick/bulky? Did you add lots of lead? (I'll give you my reason for asking after you answered me)

Very Nice!! Well Done!! Much better than my first attempts.

Now go and try them! See which one is your favourite fish taker (I have a hunch which one it will be but I would like to see the pictures of the fish with the fly in the mouth first!)

Quote Originally Posted by MyWorld View Post
    Now go and try them! See which one is your favourite fish taker (I have a hunch which one it will be but I would like to see the pictures of the fish with the fly in the mouth first!)
    JJ. you tie a decent fly, start posting some, flytying seems to be down lately, re- my thread posted. NEW BLOOD welcome.

Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Very nice Andrew. Well done boet. If these (which are fantastic) are your 1st flies, you are certainly going to be in demand.
    Clive

"One final cast for luck, and the really last throw in honour of a fair lady ... If they don't rise to that, they are no gentlemen" - Anon

Hi all, thanks for the possitive responses, These are not my Firts flies tied, Have tied a few practice ones.. These are the First ones since getting a new Vice and some more materials..

Quote Originally Posted by MyWorld View Post
    Will be trying some this November holidays.. Hopeing to get to the Vaal sometime after exams

Quote Originally Posted by C J View Post
    Nicely done! Some interesting creations you've tied there.

Just one question...why is your caddis/rock worm imitations so thick/bulky? Did you add lots of lead? (I'll give you my reason for asking after you answered me)
    Hi, UM embarassingly i dont quiet know which fly you are refering to..

The ones with Mustard colour Chennelle is thick cause the Chenelle is a thick one.. no lead on them.. only 2 with lead was the Deer hair bug, and the Rubber band Control(top right)..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast