Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2425262728293031323334

Thread: Vaal Trip 16Nov 2008

Good morning. It was good seeing some of the forumers again and meeting new ones. My day turned out wonderfull as i caught my very first Yellow! As i am a newby to FF it was awesome. The fish was about 30cm and i caught it at 15h45. Big or small does not matter. It beats the rises of the morning all around me. Looking forward to the next one, two, ??? Plenty!!!!!
    Et1

To fish is human,
    to throw back is divine

Blog Entries

Yes, thanks Andrew and Herman for organising the day. Mike and I only fished the Sunday morning session from about 8:30 to 13:00. What can I say, my legs feel like jelly after wading in the high flows. Well done to Mike on his 3kg yellow! I only managed to land 3 yellows in the morning session but a great day allround.

ja, what an awsome trip. it was great to meet,drink and fish with you guys i had a realy good time. i got 5 muddies on saturday and lost a yellow on sunday morning, all in all a great trip
    Andrew Schlosser

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left - Seasick Steve

Thanks Andrew and Herman for organising a super trip, what a blast. Nice to meet all the new guys and put faces to names. The fishing was tough and the company good.

I'll download the photos this afternoon and post most of them - I accept bribes in the form of cash, booze or diesel. PM me for my bank account details!
    "I'm just a beer drinker with a flyfishing problem"

thanks for an awesome weekend guys. was good to meet you. fishing was tough but managed 5 muddies, 3 yellows and a barbel. Looking forward to many more trips

cheers
    Alistair

Quote Originally Posted by rory View Post
    Thanks Andrew and Herman for organising a super trip, what a blast. Nice to meet all the new guys and put faces to names. The fishing was tough and the company good.

I'll download the photos this afternoon and post most of them - I accept bribes in the form of cash, booze or diesel. PM me for my bank account details!
    Please PM me your banking details
    No PAIN No Gain

Quote Originally Posted by Et1 View Post
    Good morning. It was good seeing some of the forumers again and meeting new ones. My day turned out wonderfull as i caught my very first Yellow! As i am a newby to FF it was awesome. The fish was about 30cm and i caught it at 15h45. Big or small does not matter. It beats the rises of the morning all around me. Looking forward to the next one, two, ??? Plenty!!!!!
    I saw that, then decided to call it a day. Good stuff on the fish.

Default Q

thanks to all
    fishing was hard

party on Saturday was awsome ! thanks guys
    thanks to Andrew and Herman for organising the trip.

I had great time ! Monday was a bit ruff !

see you all at the next one

cheers

Tye

Thanks to all the participants for a great day.
    Must admit there were quite a few tender looking blokes on Sunday morning
    I see that the flows were dropping steadily throughout the day from around 50 in the morning to around 30 in the evening.
    It has been my experience and that of others much more knowlegeable, that the yellows go on the feed during rising flows and the totally opposite during falling flows.
    Something to do with the amount of extra food available during high flows, I think.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

OK thanks for all the bribe money guys, heres some of the pics:

1. Pit stop at the Saloon 2000: Adrian, Oomie, Ferdie and Tye2 (behind the hat!)
    2. The morning after. Note the regmaakers!
    Front: Nympho (Ferdie) and AndrewB (hands on knees)
    Back: SaGixer (Adrian), Herman, Tye2, Schloshd1 (Andrew), Tye2's buddy Jason and yours truly.
    3. Typical caddis mayhem.
    4. View down the river.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I'm just a beer drinker with a flyfishing problem"

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2425262728293031323334