Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Caught today

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Eastern Cape
    Posts
    6,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andrewbuch View Post
    ha ha ha ha. But seriously there where some monsters jumping..
    And what about fishing with a bare hook. Eish!!

    Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Gauteng Blairgowrie
    Posts
    541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poppernel View Post
    And what about fishing with a bare hook. Eish!!

    Dave
    he said it didnt matter as we were fishing. He just wanted to chill and sit on the side of the dam. Just holding his rod. He is a different character.. I prefer to fly fish cause u always doing something, not just sitting on the side of the dam waiting for the fish.. U go out and find them..

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Eastern Cape
    Posts
    6,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andrewbuch View Post
    he said it didnt matter as we were fishing. He just wanted to chill and sit on the side of the dam. Just holding his rod. He is a different character.. I prefer to fly fish cause u always doing something, not just sitting on the side of the dam waiting for the fish.. U go out and find them..
    You should have taken that oppertunity to get him ff, if not, tie some of your flies onto his hook at least.

    Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Gauteng Blairgowrie
    Posts
    541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poppernel View Post
    You should have taken that oppertunity to get him ff, if not, tie some of your flies onto his hook at least.

    Dave
    i did give him a go with the fly rod. He tried casting a bit. Not the best place to learn as it was not flat behind us and had reeds in front.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    396

    Default sm bass

    you gotta love Mrs Simpson...
    I caught the bottom 2 bass on fly yest evenin.
    My fly bearly touched the water an he took it.

    The one on top was caught by my neighbour, she was fishing with a rubber worm
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "One thing becomes clearer as one gets older and one's fishing experience increases, and that is the paramount importance of one's fishing companions" John Ashley-Cooper

    "Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary." ~by Patrick F. McManus~

    "The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad."

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Nottingham Road Village, KZN
    Posts
    695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andrewbuch View Post
    Guys i caught this monster Largemouth Bass today..
    Ha ha ha nice one Andrew. You should have just left this oke on your fly, added a popping head and wrapped on a few more feathers (you DO carry your tying kit around with you...?) and used him as the attractor for the next one...
    Jan L. KorrŻbel
    Nottingham Road Village

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Nottingham Road Village, KZN
    Posts
    695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elizevh View Post
    you gotta love Mrs Simpson...
    I caught the bottom 2 bass on fly yest evenin.
    My fly bearly touched the water an he took it.

    The one on top was caught by my neighbour, she was fishing with a rubber worm
    Nice catch there Elize - I see the kitchen working surface and cutting board...now where's the smoker?...smoked bass is yummy.
    Jan L. KorrŻbel
    Nottingham Road Village

  8. #18
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    396

    Default

    not this time... I gave it to a co worker... the mans been begging for fish for ages
    "One thing becomes clearer as one gets older and one's fishing experience increases, and that is the paramount importance of one's fishing companions" John Ashley-Cooper

    "Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary." ~by Patrick F. McManus~

    "The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad."

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Gauteng
    Posts
    372

    Default

    Very nice bass those Elize! Well done

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •