Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: WC Stream Virgins 2008/2009 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Umhlangarox View Post
    I knew i could count on an old manna like you

OLD???? We'll settle this up there.... its remote and no one will hear you scream!

Quote Originally Posted by kyle-J View Post
    OLD???? We'll settle this up there.... its remote and no one will hear you scream!
    So now not only are you old but you like to make young men scream. . . . Whats happened to you since you started fishing the streams. . .
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

He is turning into a genteel gentleman flyfisher

Going to be wearing tweed, fishing with cane/silk and smoking a pipe next season, watch
    Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery element are made for wise men to contemplate, and for fools to pass by without consideration - Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    He is turning into a genteel gentleman flyfisher

Going to be wearing tweed, fishing with cane/silk and smoking a pipe next season, watch
    Stranger things have happened! but more seriously, the stream bug has really bitten!

Quote Originally Posted by Umhlangarox View Post
    Hi James,

I live in rondebosch so would more then happily take you out sometime! Just let me know when abouts you would like to go and I will organise it.

Cheers,
    Matt
    Thanks a lot Matt. I will give you a pm with my details and days i am free and hopefully we can make a plan!

James
    I'll stay as long as i can fish. . .

Whenever the "club" for geniuses - MENSA - was mentioned, I always wondered if their was an opposite equivalent society for imbeciles. Now I know, it's called ANCYL.

Hi guys,

I know the season is soon approaching an end. . . but is anyone still fishing the streams?

If anyone is still willing i'm really keen to have atleast one day on the streams before the season ends, unless it already has with all this wet/cold wether?

cheers
    I'll stay as long as i can fish. . .

Whenever the "club" for geniuses - MENSA - was mentioned, I always wondered if their was an opposite equivalent society for imbeciles. Now I know, it's called ANCYL.

PM me.
    lets see what we can do. Have a morning or 2 in May availalbe.
    Rivers will be fine.
    Not nearly enough rain have fallen to make them unfishable.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

I decided to revive this old thread, but it's now 2010/2011.

The last time I was down there, the one fish that I hooked, and then flew over my shoulder, did not count ( according to Rols ).

Well, my infamous mentor ( Rols ) and I are tackling the same beat again on Monday 20th Dec. He has asked me to bring my Vaal nymph box , so who knows what we will be doing

Really looking forward to a quick trip down to the Fairest Cape, and especially seeing good freinds again.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    I decided to revive this old thread, but it's now 2010/2011.

The last time I was down there, the one fish that I hooked, and then flew over my shoulder, did not count ( according to Rols ).

Well, my infamous mentor ( Rols ) and I are tackling the same beat again on Monday 20th Dec. He has asked me to bring my Vaal nymph box , so who knows what we will be doing

Really looking forward to a quick trip down to the Fairest Cape, and especially seeing good freinds again.
    Wait till you see how far Roland's fishing has come since you last saw him. You won't recognise his quality of fishing from a year ago. He's a pro now... guided at the Bells and everything.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Wait till you see how far Roland's fishing has come since you last saw him. You won't recognise his quality of fishing from a year ago. He's a pro now... guided at the Bells and everything.
    Awww Andre....you making me blush now I just want to see the old fart do a perfect SB underwater drift.....with a splutter at the end. Monday 20 Dec.
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213