Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Carp With Bread Imitation

Blog Entries

I think i have posted this before but this should answer some of your questions.

http://www.flyfishersrepublic.com/ta...the-fly/part2/
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    Andrew, if you're around town in the hols let's go for a little excursion - I know there are a couple of other Stithians guys keen as well!
    Thats a good plan.. i am around ( except for 24 Nov - 5 Dec & 27 Dec til 11 Jan)..

Let me Know

I had a bit of luck this weekend with a 5 kg carp sucking up my #10 red wooly bugger. He actually follwed the fly from deeper water as I retrived it and right on the bank as my fly made contact with the bottom I just let is lay there and he sucked it up 3 meters away fom me. To top it off I was fishing with half a rod, I accidently took the wrong rod's top section. Could only cast about 5 to 10 meters.

Quote Originally Posted by AB1 View Post
    I had a bit of luck this weekend with a 5 kg carp sucking up my #10 red wooly bugger. He actually follwed the fly from deeper water as I retrived it and right on the bank as my fly made contact with the bottom I just let is lay there and he sucked it up 3 meters away fom me. To top it off I was fishing with half a rod, I accidently took the wrong rod's top section. Could only cast about 5 to 10 meters.
    HI AB1,

I use a slow fig.8 retrieve for carp which works for me. 5kg, nice carp.

Dave
    Last edited by poppernel; 03-11-08 at 10:27 AM. Reason: added catch.
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Thanx Dave.

Yeah I used a slow 8. Even starting to cast off my thumb. That is if I have a full rod LOL.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123