Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fishing buddy network (waters to share)

Default Fishing buddy network (waters to share)

I thought I start this thread for members who may have waters to share on a reciprocity basis, or perhaps are just looking for a buddy to join them for a days fishing.

I will kick off. I know this is late notice, but I have Elandspad beat 4&5 booked for tomorrow. I am looking for one guy to join me. Any takers?

What time should I pick you up??
    Mike McKeown

You're either fishing or waiting...

Yeah right, you being in Joeys and all?

I just finished packing... leaving in 5 mins...
    Mike McKeown

Cool idea Chris. I've only recently started fly fishing (still got a beginners rod). I've got some fishing buddies but they're not interested in fly fishing. As it is with friends or a group of people you tend to explore more and share some ideas and tips. Right now I make do with fishing mags etc. Ag damit I guess what I'm trying to say is if there's someone in the Joburg area that would like some company, throw us a line...

Max is your man Frik.

seems the grapevine works just as well. Just got a call from Kevin Cox. he is joining me. Sorry guys, my spot is taken.

I do think this is a cool idea though, lets form a brotherhood of anglers on here and I would urge the senior members to take some of the novices under their wing too. I am only to happy to share what little knowledge I have with any aspiring fly fisherman, and hopefully pick up a few tips myself

Nice idea Chris. I have some spots open too all of a sudden:

a) Anyone wanna fish at coastal park tomorrow? I know it's also short notice, but my fishing buddie dropped me to fish elandspad 4/5 tomorrow instead (i doubt I have to mention names ).

b) If anyone wants to fish at otters on monday, it seems the guy (Again the name wont need to be mentioned) who wanted to join me is also gonna come down to CT instead of joining me there.

*sigh* I can't buy a fishing partner at the moment, but I must admit that I do enjoy fishing on my own from time to time. Maybe they'll miss me after i've been gone for a week....
    "So hereís my point. Donít go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish thatís dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Hey, I'm trying...
    Mike McKeown

Grant

How many takers did you get for the sewage farm, sorry I meant Coastal Park?

We'll let you know how the Smalblaar and Elandspad was today, later one. Enjoy the practice!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast