Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Old fasioned flies"

Quote Originally Posted by rols View Post
    flies that smell of mothballs
    Never knew you sprouted wings at night.

What have you got if you have one moth ball in the left hand and one in the right hand , arms stretched.

One very big moth

( Or Debbie having read all the forum, then it becomes Rols` balls, with arms outstretched. )
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    Never knew you sprouted wings at night.

What have you got if you have one moth ball in the left hand and one in the right hand , arms stretched.

One very big moth

( Or Debbie having read all the forum, then it becomes Rols` balls, with arms outstretched. )
    She had a good laugh at the responses to Chris' thread this morning about the fit 30 yr old......Of course when my wooly bugger came up (not literally)......she has now kicked Morne off as my fishing partner Women....Eish
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by rols View Post
    She had a good laugh at the responses to Chris' thread this morning about the fit 30 yr old......Of course when my wooly bugger came up (not literally)......she has now kicked Morne off as my fishing partner Women....Eish
    I must admit when I read about your wooly bugger and letting me go first I seriasly considered looking for a new fishing partner, but then I thought you cant do much damage with a #18 wooly bugger. Even the fish dont like it
    THE AFRICAN FLY ANGLER

If you're fly fishing as though you are 'in a contest', and the only objective is to 'catch fish' - you are missing the point .... and that is disappointing

"Fly fishing is for those who hold that the fun in the race of life is in the running, not just the winning, that existence is its own justification, that a day spent in a stream or a pond with a goal in mind is a joy even if the goal is not achieved."
    ~by Jon Margolis and Jeff MacNelly

Thumbs up Thaks,

Thanks for the welcomes, and the advice and the larfs. I recon a revenge trip is the best way to beat the blues, I'll be back end of Nov.
    As for the old fasioned fly comment, the guy who said my flies were old fasioned showed me some nymph type paterns I'd never seen before and they were all named after his family, most were caddisy and green. He made them all, he has rep. S.A. at the common wealth and other international events.
    As for the speckboom shrimp, that is exactly what it is made to immetate, a shrimp found in the Speckboom river, not very different from the Vaal shrimp, smaller and lighter in colour. Maybe 'cause it has not had the misfortune of having to eat "drolle" as the Vaalie shrimp?
    Catch Fish.

Moral of the story!! Tie a k@k flie and catch a smallie!!
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123