Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CDC Techniques?

Default CDC Techniques?

Hi there,

I'm looking at tying up some CDC ant patterns.
    I've played around with dubbing the body with CDC fibers but the problem is it works out pretty expensive (no. of feather wise)to generate a single fly. I am specifically interested in the body as seen in the pic below.

Any tips or input with regards to achieving the attached effect?
    Last edited by Nymph+O-; 10-11-08 at 03:47 PM.
    No PAIN No Gain

oops here is the pic
    No PAIN No Gain

Hi Nympho, I don't want to sound stupid, but can't you get the same effect with normal dubbing?? and just use cdc for the wings? Maybe I'm missing something on the pics , can see the body is also cdc but doesn't look significantly different to dubbing? Or is it just for the floating ability of cdc that you want to use it as body??
    Last edited by OllieOwen; 10-11-08 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OllieOwen View Post
    Hi Nympho, I don't want to sound stupid, but can't you get the same effect with normal dubbing?? and just use cdc for the wings? Maybe I'm missing something on the pics , can see the body is also cdc but doesn't look significantly different to dubbing? Or is it just for the floating ability of cdc that you want to use it as body??
    Thanx for your reply,
    Yes, I'm using the CDC for its floating ability and the visual effect it creates when on top of the water - I rate a ball of dubbing that size could sip up quite a lot of water, reducing the drift time - except if I pre-treat the dubbing with floatant and then tie it is. We all know that cdc and floatant is a great sin
    No PAIN No Gain

What about using a cheaper cdc for the body - we get packs up here with about 50 feathers in them for just over 20 bucks. Comes in the basic colours and its not the greatest quality but it'll be perfect for your bodies
    Check your knots!

Quote Originally Posted by jock0 View Post
    What about using a cheaper cdc for the body - we get packs up here with about 50 feathers in them for just over 20 bucks. Comes in the basic colours and its not the greatest quality but it'll be perfect for your bodies
    Where's here? Can I buy online? Please send me a contact / link....

TIA.

Quote Originally Posted by jock0 View Post
    Jocko I would also be really interested in this. Is it at on of the shops here in PTA?

Thnks
    Rob

HI GUYS,

Check Latest flies from the vice, Ollie Owens posts.

Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Hi Dave.

I have already collected some Egyptian goose CDC look-a-like stuff from the local university dam and tied a couple of emergers and it works really well.

If I can get the genuine thing for the prices Jocko was talking about though, then I will grab it for sure. All the CDC I have seen has been R50-R60 for only a few feathers!

Rob

John Yelland at Upstream in Cape Town is selling the Spirit River bulk CDC packs for R140 per pack. These packs have hundreds of feathers. Give him a call on 0217628007.
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast