Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Thread: BLOKE FLy Rods

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    Shaun, I,m not meaning to offend in any way, but I have to ask the question.
    Are you always so serious, don't you ever talk k@k just for the hell of it.
    And here I've been living under the impression that pretty much everything that comes out of my mouth is k@k!

Nah, I'm actually not that serious nor do I take myself very seriously either.
    And I'm pretty sure if you look around, you'll see I talk as much k@k as the next guy

Shaun, don't let them put peer pressure on you to become frivolous like the rest of us!
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunF View Post
    I'm seriously considering an Affinity MX in 9'0 5wt 4pc, and an Affinity One 8'6" 3wt 4pc for the rivers.
    Shaun, I have the Affinity One in 9'0" 5wt and it is a beauty. Definitely fast, but I can cast long or short with equal ease. The nicest rod I have ever fished with (but I could be biased).

I haven't cast the MX, but have heard from people who love it. It is in the TCR/TCX mould, but is very fishable and great for ditsnace casting.

The Maxim is softer than both. I have cast one and it would make a perfect stream rod for lines 4 and under. I think a Maxim will be my next build after I have finished with my fibreglass blanks.

It is definitely worth having a chat to Stephen Pratt at CTS, a very friendly guy who always gives good advice.
    Life is a series of trout missions with that numbing feeling in between...

My Album

Kev

I echo your sentiments. I have been dealing with Stephen for a 8'2wt 4 piece blank. Helpful, prompt etc etc. I have ordered a Maxim blank.

Will keep you informed as to progress

Great stuff Neil. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress and your thoughts on the finished rod.

What colour blank did you choose?
    Life is a series of trout missions with that numbing feeling in between...

My Album

Back in the day, there wasn’t much choice of fly rods available, you had the really soft entry level rods (you should feel my old Shakespear spaghetti stick I have) or there was Sage, Orvis and Hardy. No one could ever afford the Hardy but if you were lucky you might be able to save up for a Orvis or Sage, which may have started the American brand fixation. Orvis pulled out the country and that left Sage
    Fly-fishing surpasses the need to actually catch a fish, it becomes a mindset, and with time, an obsession.

Lord,grant that I may catch a fish so big that even I,
    When speaking afterwards,
    May have no need to lie.
    Amen

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15