Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hi All

Default Hi All

I spent 27 years in your country living in Johannesburg and Kempton Park. I have fished all over sub Saharan Africa and spent a lot of time with people such as Malcolm Meintjes, Bill Steele, Louis vd Westhuizen, Trevor Babich and many others too numerous to name.

I helped Bill Steele with his book: "African Fly Fishing Handbook" and I was partly instrumental in setting up the RPA Trout Section which became The Transvaal Fly Fisher's Club. Was also a member of the old Invicta Club.

These days I live in Rotherham, England and am surrounded buy lots of trout fishing both stillwater in a 20 hectare reservoir only 7 km from where I live to the rivers of Yorkshire and Derbyshire.

If any of you wish to visit this part of England please let me know

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Clay View Post
    I spent 27 years in your country living in Johannesburg and Kempton Park. I have fished all over sub Saharan Africa and spent a lot of time with people such as Malcolm Meintjes, Bill Steele, Louis vd Westhuizen, Trevor Babich and many others too numerous to name.

I helped Bill Steele with his book: "African Fly Fishing Handbook" and I was partly instrumental in setting up the RPA Trout Section which became The Transvaal Fly Fisher's Club. Was also a member of the old Invicta Club.

These days I live in Rotherham, England and am surrounded buy lots of trout fishing both stillwater in a 20 hectare reservoir only 7 km from where I live to the rivers of Yorkshire and Derbyshire.

If any of you wish to visit this part of England please let me know
    Welcome Ron.it was nice chatting to you on the site,i am sure you will meet old friensds here and hopefully make a few new ones,,,,,just tread carfully they do not get British sarcasm
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Hi Ron

Glad to see you here. Bills book still adorns my bookshelf...I have one of the first editions. I thought the name "Ron Clay" sounded familiar...
    (That said, Michael Solomons book also still adorns my bookshelf...fun to see how young Bill, Trevor, etc were in there!)

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    just tread carfully they do not get British sarcasm
    Maybe because there is none...?

Just kidding

Hi Ron and welcome to the forum.

Just watch out for any advice Nicholas might give you ... he doesn't get "I'm gonna moer you stukkend rooinek!"
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieŽ" - Ago 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Loop View Post
    Maybe because there is none...?
    Arent you referring to British witt ?
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieŽ" - Ago 2014.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scythe View Post
    Hi Ron and welcome to the forum.

Just watch out for any advice Nicholas might give you ... he doesn't get "I'm gonna moer you stukkend rooinek!"
    No but my wife does
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Default Welcome

HI Ron,

Welcome to the forum. Your expert advice and knowledge will I'm sure be appreciated.

Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Welcome Ron!! ... was great meeting you on the "other" forum!! ... and I look forward to your input, both tapping into your current expertise, as well as reminiscences of early days in Dullstroom, etc!
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

As many of us in SA say. "Howzit"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast