Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: red eyes on dragon patterns??

Default red eyes on dragon patterns??

hey guys, has anyone experimented with red eyes on dragon patterns?? i recently ran out of mono to make normal eyes so used some of this red tube stuff on a papa roach and it came out quite well i think...

everybody has faith in red eyed damsels but below a certain depth, these eyes cease to appear red but rather a brown/black colour

i wonder how much of the success had by red eyed damsels is really due to angler confidence in those red eyes and not in the eyes themselves....flyfishings own "Placebo effect"

any thoughts??
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by devin i View Post
    hey guys, has anyone experimented with red eyes on dragon patterns?? i recently ran out of mono to make normal eyes so used some of this red tube stuff on a papa roach and it came out quite well i think...

everybody has faith in red eyed damsels but below a certain depth, these eyes cease to appear red but rather a brown/black colour

i wonder how much of the success had by red eyed damsels is really due to angler confidence in those red eyes and not in the eyes themselves....flyfishings own "Placebo effect"

any thoughts??
    Nothing wrong with those. Red is always a hot spot colour. Babbalas dragon.

Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

haha ya, originally called it my papa roach on weed (PROW)....

gonna go test it at gubu soon!!!

gonna go test it at gubu soon!!!
    Glad you have a sense of humour, Give me a shout when you go and I'll see if my mate and I can make it, be good to meet you.

Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

sounds good, it will be around the 24th-27th ish, i hope it wont be getting to warm by then..

sounds good, it will be around the 24th-27th ish, i hope it wont be getting to warm by then..
    Gubu is a deep stillwater, you get trout all through summer.

Dave

true, but ive heard from many of the locals that it slows down from about mid dec..
    that said, november is supposed to be one of the best!!

how long have you been fishing gubu? have you got hold of any of the monsters there??

He might be on the green stuff, but he's also legless....

(you don't do the rubber legs? I find it quite difficult to get them to sit at nice (and the same) angles along the body, I have seen many that just tie them in at 90 deg.)

Cheers,

Jan.

true, but ive heard from many of the locals that it slows down from about mid dec..
    that said, november is supposed to be one of the best!!

how long have you been fishing gubu? have you got hold of any of the monsters there??
    Been fishing Gubu for about 10 yrs only, 2.2kg is about my biggest here. Have caught plenty as I have said right through summer, so wouldn't say it slows down, but you have to stray from your normal ff methods to get fish.

Dave

i didnt have rubber legs at the time but i have subsequently used bucktail to great effect for the legs, it works brilliantly as it ads a bit of bouyancy and in my mind looks more buggy and its not overdone. give it a try!!

took these guys out to gubu and in two mornings i got alot of fish on them (not the red eyes though) in fact on bopth mornings i took fish on the first cast and in one case the savage take within mere seconds of the fly landing in the water....on the drop!!! these are without a doubt now my number one gubu patterns!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast