Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Stripping Basket

Default Stripping Basket

How big does a stripping basket really have to be guys?? Some guys mentioned one of the Spar baskets. This seems very big...??? Is this right? Went to plastics for Africa and saw one of those shopping baskets but decided I would check first. What do you use???

Cheers
    Chris

yup one of those is perfect. Thats what alot of the guys are using. Remember when stripping fast its easier to get the line into the larger basket or standing in the breakers the depth helps by stopping the line from making its way out the basket.

cool thanks

shopping baskets work great. just dont forget to put a couple cable tiers in the bottom to stop the line tangling

What you mean?? Falling through the bottom??

No. so that they point upward in the basket. then cut them so they are a couple of centimetres long. 4 or 5 of them should do the trick

Oh i google imaged it and see what you mean haha! How many?? about 5? depends on the size of the basket i guess. Is it just so the line can coil around them?

Cheers

they just separate the line and prevent it from twisting around itself. especially if you are casting in the surf and waves are washing the line around in the basket. if you dont have them the line gets in a moerse mess

Alrighty then, thanks for the tips! I will have to get my as$ down to plastics for africa and purchase one haha : )

Cheers

Question

How much are they?
    Also need one!!!
    Hoping to go to De Mond this weekend. Any suggestions. Will it be fishable what with all rivers in flood???
    Help

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast