Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Stripping Basket

hmmm, yes, good point haha : ) I have really long arms... And as they say, you can never strip too fast for a leerie.... I went once or twice without a basket in the stilbaai river and got monster strips. it isnt possible to attain this with a basket is it? I was stripping line from my stripping guide all the way past my hip and my back....

Cheers
    CHris

Hold your rodbutt closer to your shoulder and move your basket more onto your hip....if you are single hand stripping. For double hand dont go to fast, its hard to explain in writing, much easier to show you on the water and you can see the movement of the fly as well. That strip as fast as you can is a bullsh!t story, fast yes but not lighting speed, you CAN strip it away from a fish, especialy the juvanile fish, they still need to grow a bit and get more speed, the bigger boys are a differant story, they will smash you very hard. And you want the fly to swim like a injured fish, left, right, up, down fast slower, very erratic, thats why the clouser does so well.
    Photography Rules!
    www.dewaldkirsten.co.za

Thanks Dewald! Im learning a lot from you. really appreciate it!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678