Thread: Feeding fish

Default Feeding fish

Took this the weekend. I was sitting playing around with my camera taking some underwater pics and video, when all of a sudden most of the fish darted off to the outlet in the pool and started to feed like mad. I couldn't see what they were feeding on though. Must have been really tiny. Was just amazing to see how they could spot and zone in on whatever they were feading on so fast. The water was flowing pretty fast here.

Skip to the end.

The youtube quality really sucks though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFb3fanl_b4
    THE AFRICAN FLY ANGLER

If you're fly fishing as though you are 'in a contest', and the only objective is to 'catch fish' - you are missing the point .... and that is disappointing

"Fly fishing is for those who hold that the fun in the race of life is in the running, not just the winning, that existence is its own justification, that a day spent in a stream or a pond with a goal in mind is a joy even if the goal is not achieved."
    ~by Jon Margolis and Jeff MacNelly

Great little clip, thanks Morne! I love pottering around like that, hence why imperative I get myself a camera for Christmas!
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

Nice. where was this??

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    Great little clip, thanks Morne! I love pottering around like that, hence why imperative I get myself a camera for Christmas!
    Thanks Chris. I have about 40min of video from sitting there. Most of it useless and about 3 photos of the wife from the weekend

Oh yes and quite a few closeups photos of a half naked "nymph" that just happened to be in the background of whatever I was photographing at the time.
    THE AFRICAN FLY ANGLER

If you're fly fishing as though you are 'in a contest', and the only objective is to 'catch fish' - you are missing the point .... and that is disappointing

"Fly fishing is for those who hold that the fun in the race of life is in the running, not just the winning, that existence is its own justification, that a day spent in a stream or a pond with a goal in mind is a joy even if the goal is not achieved."

Quote Originally Posted by Woolybugger View Post
    Nice. where was this??
    Ratel river.
    THE AFRICAN FLY ANGLER

Nothing wrong with a 'nymph' on the Ratel!!!

Has Meneer Shelton been giving you 'nymph' photography lessons?
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)