Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dealer Service

Though, I am going to go see them...
    Mike McKeown

You're either fishing or waiting...

Mario,

I hear you regarding poor service in this country, however all is not lost. There are some guys out there who pride themselves on good service. I buy a lot of stuff through the guys at Frontier Flyfishing. Dean Riphagen and Tom Lewin are always ready to bend over backwards for their customers. I had a couple of teething issues with a Sage rod I bought from them which resulted in it getting sent back to Sage USA on 2 occassions. It never took more than 3 weeks before I had the rod back.

A mate had a problem with some Simms waders he'd had for 2 years, when the welded seam began leaking in the crotch area. They were eventually replaced by Simms, but it took some time, so Dean sent his spare set down for my mate to use until his replacements arrived.

In short, give the guys at Frontier a ring, they've never let me down and honestly have given me some really great service. Definitely no need to go running off to online dealers when the equipment and service is available right here on our doorstep.

My 2c

Shaun

I definately share you sentiments regarding supporting local dealers.

Problem is: the rod is a custom, so I only get a blank, and Sage US told me to contact The FlyShop. Maybe it was 1st on their list, dunno.

If I knew that I could send the tip to Frontier, I would have, since my mate from Rhodes, Brett now works there!!
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Mario, I have emailed a link to this thread to Dean. Lets see if they can't assist in some way. Its a long shot because obviously you never dealt through them in the first place and so its a lot to expect to see if they can do anything at this stage of the game, but hey, you never know, maybe they can pull something out the hat and assist you in some small way.

Mario

Ph customs yourself. I've done that a number of times myself. I have found them quite approachable

Quote Originally Posted by NeilRowe View Post
    Mario

Ph customs yourself. I've done that a number of times myself. I have found them quite approachable
    I was going to suggest this too. Perhaps you could get the shipment details from TFS, especially if it only contains the rod tip you're looking for, and try negotiating with Customs yourself.

For yours and others who may wish to bring in any tackle if for some reason you can't find it here, the Tariff Code for fishing tackle is 95.0790, which if communicated to Customs, should clear up any misunderstandings they may have regarding duties etc, as fishing tackle does not attract any duty.
    Last edited by ShaunF; 10-10-06 at 08:24 AM.

Mario, have emailed you some more information on your flyguide.co.za address. Hope you come right.

Shaun

Thanks guys

The info and suggestions are awesome, and I will follow up on the customs thing.

Shaun, I did get your mail, and I appreciate it a helluva lot! Will phone Dean and see what can be salvaged from this.

And on that point, THAT is the kinda service that will make me contact Frontier exclusively from now on!!!
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

No prob Mario, glad to help. Keep us posted.

Hmmmm, I got this reply from Sage!! I removed the other clients waiting for their repairs for privacy.

We have been working with UPS to have a shipment of repairs released by South African Customs.

The UPS Tracking Number is: 1z422e836643422060
    You may track this shipment at: www.ups.com

The shipment contains the following repairs:
    1. Sage Repair Form 56178/Geldenhuys - Sage Repair Number 88251
    2. XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    3. XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    4. XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

In order to service our customers and have the repairs delivered, we have agreed to pay a fee to have the package released. Our UPS representative is actively working with customs.

I have asked for more information regarding this fee as it is the first time that a fee has been assessed by customs. We will need to take a look at this assessment to determine what documentation is needed to avoid any unnecessary fees and delays in the future.

Have you been given any information from customs? If you have received any correspondence regarding this matter, could you please forward the information to me?

Best regards,
    Maria

Maria Flesher
    Customer Service Representative

THE SPARE TIP PROGRAM
    SAGE IS OFFERING A SPARE TIP PROGRAM FOR YOUR FAVORITE SAGE ROD.
    PLEASE CONTACT US AT 888-848-7243 OR REPAIR@SAGEFLYFISH.COM FOR PRICING & AVAILABILITY.

Sage
    8500 NE Day Rd
    Bainbridge Island, WA 98110
    USA

Toll Free: 888-848-7243
    Phone: 206-780-8798
    Fax: 206-780-8796
    Email: repair@sageflyfish.com
    Mario Geldenhuys

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast