Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishing in the Port Elizabeth area.

Default Fishing in the Port Elizabeth area.

Greetings all,

I am new to this site....been browsing and wow...a lot of usefull info !!!

Now I am on contract in P.E. for a year and was wondering if anyone can suggest some places that I can go and throw a line...both salt and fresh......any info on places, flies and times would be greatly appreciated.

Chat soon I hope.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by markh View Post
    Greetings all,

I am new to this site....been browsing and wow...a lot of usefull info !!!

Now I am on contract in P.E. for a year and was wondering if anyone can suggest some places that I can go and throw a line...both salt and fresh......any info on places, flies and times would be greatly appreciated.

Chat soon I hope.

Mark
    HI Markh,

Welcome to the forum, hope you become a active P.E. member. I am from this area, situated in Uitenhage There are plenty of ff in this area, not forumers, that do salt and freshwater ff. Will send you a P.M. if you are interested in meeting us. Do you tie your own flies?

Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Howzit Dave,

Thanks for the reply.
    I would love to hook up (excuse the pun...) for some fishing. I am going up to Jozi this week-end to collect my gear and then I will be ready for some fishing from next week onwards.
    I do have a fly tying kit but as of yet I have not started tying my own flies yet so at the moment I am just buying them as I need them.

I have a bunch of friends who will be comming down here end of january to fish and play golf so I am trying to find the best places to do both.

Mark

Howzit Dave,

Thanks for the reply.
    I would love to hook up (excuse the pun...) for some fishing. I am going up to Jozi this week-end to collect my gear and then I will be ready for some fishing from next week onwards.
    I do have a fly tying kit but as of yet I have not started tying my own flies yet so at the moment I am just buying them as I need them.

I have a bunch of friends who will be comming down here end of january to fish and play golf so I am trying to find the best places to do both.

Mark
    HI Mark,

Sorry for only getting back to you know, called away to do some work. All's good, give me a shout next week in your own time.

Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Greetings this fine Monday morning,

Well I am back in P.E......with all my fly kit in tow so I am ready to look, see, listen and learn........so next time all and sundry are out fishing I would appreciate it if I could tag along and pick yer brains.......week-ends will be awesome...........

Greetings all,

Ok with the week-end fast approaching I was wondering if anyone is going to be doing some fishing in the P.E. area and if so would they mind if I tagged along seeing as I am a newbie to the area and have done very little salt water fishing.

I am well behaved and play well with others......

Greetings all,

Ok with the week-end fast approaching I was wondering if anyone is going to be doing some fishing in the P.E. area and if so would they mind if I tagged along seeing as I am a newbie to the area and have done very little salt water fishing.

I am well behaved and play well with others......
    HI Mark,

Thinking of fishing Gubu, depending on weather/work conditions. If that falls through, but the weather plays along, maybe we go catch us some saltwater fish.

Dave

What is the word around The Angler Antetelope near P.E.It seems like a nice destination.Anyone been there as yet.I think they advertise trout and bass.

Quote Originally Posted by core fly View Post
    What is the word around The Angler Antetelope near P.E.It seems like a nice destination.Anyone been there as yet.I think they advertise trout and bass.
    Never heard of it if it's near P.E. Might be a place near Somerset East. Will check, do they have a web. page.

Dave

I think you right about Somerset.The turn off is just befor addo if i remember correctly.They advertised in the TCFF alot in the past 3months.

Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast