Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: It's Carbon Fibre - Not Graphite!

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    Korrie,

Rather the same as yellowfish aren't always yellow and muddies aren't always full of mud - except when Herman J cooks his 23 fish bag limit at Elgro!

So I'll have to murder you over a bottle of green Chartreuse to settle the issue!
    You have never tasted a yellow untill it's been cooked by me.
    Especially a LM.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

LM prawns?
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    Chris

In this case the English have it wrong.
    by definition - The English CANNOT be wrong - after all they are the only nation on this earth who speak "English"
    Last edited by Jasper; 24-11-08 at 08:46 AM.
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    by definition - The English CANNOT be wrong - after all they are the only nation on this earth who speak "English"
    Does chav speak constitute english?

Wot ue effin looin at??
    "All you need is ignorance and confidence and the success is sure." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Clay View Post
    By the way, Wikipedia says that the term "Cane" can be applied to bamboo or rattan. I have a feeling that Wikipedia is USA biased!
    Been reading some of these types of posts, and all I can honestly say is this has become a place of defaminatory posts by the dozen. Started with the Sage thing, carried over to other brands, and now has come to the stage of countries being slated. No wonder many of the old and long-time forumers have decided to move on. Honestly, how sad!
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Been reading some of these types of posts, and all I can honestly say is this has become a place of defaminatory posts by the dozen. Started with the Sage thing, carried over to other brands, and now has come to the stage of countries being slated. No wonder many of the old and long-time forumers have decided to move on. Honestly, how sad!
    Mario

Hear hear! I too, read this thread, (and some others of a similar ilk) and initially felt like commenting (and correcting some errors along the way), but decided to leave it be and move on, as you say. I mean, a reservoir fisherman belittling small stream rods? Come on.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilRowe View Post
    Mario

Hear hear! I too, read this thread, (and some others of a similar ilk) and initially felt like commenting (and correcting some errors along the way), but decided to leave it be and move on, as you say. I mean, a reservoir fisherman belittling small stream rods? Come on.
    Best of al the the amazing knowledge of tackle/equipment/tools that they possess.

Anyway ...
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Best of al the the amazing knowledge of tackle/equipment/tools that they possess.

Anyway ...
    WHO exactly are you referring to? ... at least have the b@lls to mention his name - so he can possibly justify his statements
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    WHO exactly are you referring to? ... at least have the b@lls to mention his name - so he can possibly justify his statements
    Jasper, not about B@lls at all. Why would I want to do the same on open forum (slagging them) if I'm openly opposed to it?

Just tired of people putting down things, instead of being objective.

Anyway, it's a dead horse in any case.
    Mario Geldenhuys

Quote Originally Posted by markdej View Post
    Does chav speak constitute english?

Wot ue effin looin at??
    As a Pomm i must just add that the English can determine what is and what is not English, not the bloddy Yanks or anyone else for that matter.

Unfortunatly Chav speak has been officially recognised in the Oxford English dictionary and therfore is English
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast