Thread: New Bass Fly and Result

Default New Bass Fly and Result

So, I was up all night tying flies, and I mean all night. Bass flies in particular. They are so good looking, mean, lean bass catching machines. Therefore I decided to name this fly "The Dukester" - sorry Dave but they have that look about them Made of pipe cleaner, marabou, chain bead eyes and blue flashabou.

Bass fishing was terrible today. Not even plastics worked well. See what I caught on my new fly. And then a pic of "The Dukester". Note that the fly that caught the fish does not have a weed guard. Couldn't take a pic because still wet.

Heres to The Dukester - sorry Dave, and small (tiny) beginnings. The fish (blue gill) is the size of a cigarette pack

Allways tomorrow to try again.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Clive

"One final cast for luck, and the really last throw in honour of a fair lady ... If they don't rise to that, they are no gentlemen" - Anon

Quote Originally Posted by Salty Bugger View Post
    So, I was up all night tying flies, and I mean all night. Bass flies in particular. They are so good looking, mean, lean bass catching machines. Therefore I decided to name this fly "The Dukester" - sorry Dave but they have that look about them Made of pipe cleaner, marabou, chain bead eyes and blue flashabou.

Bass fishing was terrible today. Not even plastics worked well. See what I caught on my new fly. And then a pic of "The Dukester". Note that the fly that caught the fish does not have a weed guard. Couldn't take a pic because still wet.

Heres to The Dukester - sorry Dave, and small (tiny) beginnings. The fish (blue gill) is the size of a cigarette pack

Allways tomorrow to try again.
    HI Clive,

Good going with your fly and naming it Is that your first bluegill now as well? Seems as if your confidence in tying and ff is on the up. Congrats.

Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Looks like a speedcop with a mullet !

See you tomorrow maybe then Clive ?!

Quote Originally Posted by poppernel View Post
    HI Clive,

Good going with your fly and naming it Is that your first bluegill now as well? Seems as if your confidence in tying and ff is on the up. Congrats.

Dave
    Thanks Dave. Really enjoying this whole ff thing from tying to planning trips to fishing. I read somewhere (I think it was Tom Sutcliffe's "My way with a Trout") that actually catching fish is bonus. It's about everything else. I'm loving it. And yes, my 1st blue gill. So in about 6 months of ff I have now caught Rainbow's, Browns, Carp, Yellows, Bass and a Blue Gill.
    Clive

"One final cast for luck, and the really last throw in honour of a fair lady ... If they don't rise to that, they are no gentlemen" - Anon

Quote Originally Posted by croozer View Post
    Looks like a speedcop with a mullet !

See you tomorrow maybe then Clive ?!
    Sorry Shaun. Could not make it. How was the fishing?
    Clive